Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptor Carburetor

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2004, 05:59 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raptor Carburetor

it floods if its idling or a low rpms if it is on a hill thet leans down to the right or when im going down a steep hill?.... its loading up wtih fuel. how do you adjust the 3mm???

Old 10-16-2004, 01:02 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

Originally posted by: RaptorTuned
it floods if its idling or a low rpms if it is on a hill thet leans down to the right or when im going down a steep hill?.... its loading up wtih fuel. how do you adjust the 3mm???
attach a clear tube (1/8") to your bowl drain/overflow and hold it vertically against the side of the carb bowl while the carb is on the bike

then let the overflow screw loose and the fuel will fill the tube

then just see what the level is (compared to the mating surface of tha bowl) and adjust the floats accordingly(to increase or decrease your fuel level)

it may take a few times

the trick is to be able to get them adjusted to where they are not loading up on inclines and not running dry of fuel on the long straight flats

its all in how you bend the float tang

Old 10-16-2004, 09:21 AM
Trailblazer

do i do this on a steep hill or on the flat? how do you adjust ,just bend somthing or is there a screw? dont the floats shut off fuel when they reach a certain height? as in higher....so the floats for some reason are shtting off and ad idle my bike is getting all of that fuel>???...is this what your are saying? or is it not getting enough fuel?.....

Old 10-16-2004, 10:29 AM
Super Quad Patrol

the bowl holds the fuel, ,,,which is where the jets suck the fuel from

the float opens and closes a needle valve and allows fuel to flow when the fuel level drops (kinda like a toilet)

on inclines,,,,your floats are keeping your needles open allowing fuel to flood the carb (load up)

you adjust the floats by bending the metal tang that is attached to the float that presses the needle valve (very carefully)

if you have never done any carb work,,,,i would recommend getting some help from someone who has,,,,its kinda delicate in their

Old 10-16-2004, 10:29 AM
Super Quad Patrol

you check the floats on level ground

i would use the clear tube and check em

find out where you stand

the fuel has to be turned on

Old 10-16-2004, 11:11 AM
Trailblazer

I have a white brothers slip on, it gets good horsepower reviews and it is a quality pipe. I had a gyt-r pipe before and the quality on it sucked so i sold it. The performance between them seemed the same but it is so hard to tell without a dyno. All I can say is look on the forum to find a raptor with the same mods as your that runs well and see what jets they have. Let us know if you get it to run right.

Old 10-16-2004, 01:31 PM
Trailblazer

where am i aiming for? like the height of the gas???.. so it sounds like the bend the metal tang towards the needle jet more that way it will let it close all the way. i think im following you.

Old 10-30-2004, 01:17 AM
Trailblazer

i adjusted the floats, and got an hmf full system. i have 160,165 main jets and 25 pilots. my bike runs good until like when it reaches half rev it will pop or miss or something....and it is only after i havent gotten on it for a while. my idea is that it could be getting to much gas at low end then not burning that fuel? menaing that my pilot screw needs leaned in a little? does anyone have this problem?