Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptor Carburetor

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2004, 04:15 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raptor Carburetor

I got a few questions. i just got an 01 raptor. i put the whole air intake kit with the billet peices and i put the jet kit on 160/165 25 pilot and 3 clip on the needle. gyt-r was the brand of the jhet kit. what exhuast do you guys recomend. i read that pipe shootout in which ct had the most hp but they recomended yoshimura. i was thinking about getting the gyt-r pipe and muffler. is that kit andy good? also when you turn the screws on the bottom of the carbs....is the more turns out mean more fuel or more air? also? i blew the carbs off of the intake boots. anything they sell that fits tighter?

Old 10-10-2004, 09:16 PM
Pro Rider

The only thing I can say is, ask anyone running Yoshimura exhaust, and I'm sure you'll get a happy reply.

Old 10-10-2004, 10:30 PM
Trailblazer

anyone else know anything? i mean a yosh exahust is high dollar.... a gyt-r pipe kit isnt that bad. ....also does anyones raptor run funny if it sits on a steep hill for too long????

Old 10-11-2004, 12:12 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Any and I mean Any pipe is better than stock. Just dont get one that takes the discs that tune the muffler. Also on your carb boots. Get the 2002 boots and up, they are made so that they dont pop off like the 01's do.

Old 10-11-2004, 03:50 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Freez showed us a bunch of dyno runs that showed the stock pipe w/o arrestor with better top end than a couple of the slip ons.

Also, what is the problem with a disc-type spark arrestor. The white bros e series isnt a bad pipe and the ct isnt bad either. Not to mention the fact that you can tune these pipes for desired sound output.

Old 10-11-2004, 06:36 AM
Trailblazer

so will the gyt-r pipe give me as much hp is the ct . they said they got like 47 hp with that pipe

Old 10-11-2004, 06:52 AM
Pro Rider

If you are looking for a top end pipe, but cannot afford a full system, just remove the baffle from the stock pipe. I tested it against 5 slip-on on the dyno and after 6000 RPM the stock pipe made better HP.

Before 6000 RPM, slip-on pipes make much better power that the stock pipe.

If you have the money for a full exhaust, they all work very well. Keep in mind that some pipes make power low down and other high up in the RPM range.

All the full systems I have tested made more power than a slip on makes.

Old 10-11-2004, 01:13 PM
Range Rover

I recommend the sparks exhaust above the yoshi. I had the yoshi full comp system before i switched to the sparks. No comparison for me. The yoshi is a good pipe, but the sound and power of the Sparks is untouched.

As for the carb boots, your idling may be too low causing increased motor vibration. Raise your idling and make sure you have the boots on the carbs snug. Shouldnt have anymore problems.

Old 10-11-2004, 06:15 PM
Trailblazer

i went to the sparks sight and that exhaust looks dumb. i dont like how it sticks out past the rear of the bike. any other good ones? id like to know about the gyt-r.........and another question....i checked my oil and it was low in that thing under the radiator. so i added oil. then a few hours later i chekced it and it had more oil than before. how is this?

Old 10-11-2004, 06:26 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

Sparks

Quick Reply: Raptor Carburetor