Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Yamaha Blaster Problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2004, 10:59 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yamaha Blaster Problem

I was riding my blaster the other day and it started stalling whjen i was gearing down to slow down. It wouldnt kick start after that and when i finally push started it it ran for a mile really boggy and it wouldnt even let me open it up it felt like it had a limiter on it. It finally just bogged to the point where it stalled. Then i couldnt even push start it. I replaced the plug with looked a little black on the end and it still wouldnt kick. It let me push start it and i had to keep it revved so it would stay on for the first couple minutes. I then winded it out through all 6 gears and when i slowed down it just died on me again and wouldnt kick or push start. can anyone help me?

Old 10-12-2004, 11:08 PM
Pro Rider

you may have to clean out your carb, also look at your main jet to see if it is clogged with anything, hope that helps, good luck

Old 10-13-2004, 01:29 AM
Rem
Pro Rider

was the spark plug u replaced it with new? if its not, clean it off with carb cleaner, then if it starts, rave the heck out of it, it usually blows the crap off of the plug. it worked for me

Old 10-13-2004, 09:15 AM
Pro Rider

when you guys gonna learn that if there is a problem and it won't start by kicking not to push start it, that just causes more damage and more money from your pocket if the piston has seized, push starting your quad is one of the DUMBEST things to do if it is not running right!!!

Old 10-13-2004, 02:04 PM
Weekend Warrior

IF the piston had seized i dont think that last time that i rode the quad up the street i would have been able to ride the quad all the way up through all six gears smoothly. It banged through all the gears pretty smooth and with pretty much normal pick up and then when i slowed down the bike just died on me

Old 10-13-2004, 05:15 PM
Pro Rider

I had the same problem about a month ago with my blaster..It turn's out when i changed my front sprocket to a larger size i didn't get the seal on right when i put the mag cover back on and went riding water got in it causing it to bog down and ride very slugish.(just about didn't get it back to the truck) So after checking the carb and everything trying to find the problem i finnaly stumbled across the seal..I don't no if this is what is wrong with your's but u may wanna check and see it's just like 6 screws..Hope that helps

Old 10-13-2004, 05:32 PM
Weekend Warrior

HEy that thing about the sprocket could be a big possibilty. I had just changed the front and rear sprocket but kep the same tooth size and put on a new did chain and durablu axle. And i noticed that when i was riding a little oil was leaking around the front sprocket. i was going to get a new seal for that this week...Could that little seal really be the reason that it isnt working?

Old 10-13-2004, 07:36 PM
Pro Rider

where was the oil coming from? the shaft to the sprocket, or the shaft to the flywheel under the cover? If the oil is coming from under the cover, you have a crank shaft seal out, this would be a good reason for the lose of power.

Old 10-13-2004, 07:41 PM
Weekend Warrior

i never took the stator cover off yet but im pretty sure that the oil is just coming from the shaft around the sprocket . its more than just a slight drip

Old 10-14-2004, 11:13 PM
Trailblazer

it could also be the reeds thats exactly what happened to me