Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Warrior work and labor charges... REASONABLE OR NOT????

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2004, 07:40 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warrior work and labor charges... REASONABLE OR NOT????

ok my buddy tyler brought his Warrior to my guy for some work and this is what he said needs to be done

95 for a refurbished starter.......35 for gassgets, 45 for axel bearings, 55 for swing arm bearings, 25 for brake pads.

He's an honest guy so if they needed to be done then they did. The guy Dennis is saying 6 hours labor for the whole thing at $55 dollars an hour. it seems reasonable to me but my buddy is short on cash and understanding on how it can be expensive to get work done. so 650 bucks total do you all think its reasonable. I know, yes it would be cheaper to do it himself but he cant, so having it done, is it reasonable hours???

Thanks

Old 10-13-2004, 08:07 PM
Trailblazer

if I was him I know you said that he can't do it, but i would take it to the guy and have him put the gassgets on and do the rest myself. putting the starter, and the bearings, and the pads are not hard to do. the gassgets are not hard to if you can put it back in time.

Old 10-13-2004, 08:46 PM
Pro Rider

thes tuff seems to be priced very reasonable but 6 hours of labor seems alot i did my axle bewarinf irst time in 3 hours so he can do it in 2 brakes only take another hour for all 3 mabye 20 mintues to 30 mintue each soo figure 3.5 hours so far gaskets and starter i dont kno how long they take but i dont see it being 2.5 hours. i dont kno but 55 buck a hour anit bad. i would say it pretty fair but 5 hours would be good. but he could just begiving extra time incase somehting goes wrong and he has to fix it too.

Old 10-13-2004, 08:53 PM
Pro Rider

all of the parts prices sound about rite and the work for 55$ an hour sounds pretty good also. but i dont see that taking anywhere near 6 hours to do it. what gaskets are being replaced? if its a complete engine gasket set it would be more than 35$ i think.

you and your friend should try doing it yourself, get help from some1 that knows what they are doing. if you are going to ride quads its a real good idea to know how to fix them yourself it will save you a lot of money and time. IMO

Old 10-13-2004, 09:18 PM
Pro Rider

alba said it would take 6hrs to put a new cam and piston in my old warrior and it was only $450 fer installation and that was fer the whole power II kit

Old 10-13-2004, 09:36 PM
Pro Rider

Its gotta be at least the bottom gasket because where it was leaking was between the bottom and top end. Is that the base gasket not the head gasket I think??? that requires him taking the whole top end off not just the head. I guess the piston and rings are OK. he called up front and said that would be it before he got into the work. does that change the hours? He doesnt have the time to learn to do the work himself so he really cant do it. I'd help him out on the brakes and such but Im up at school.