Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

What do I buy???

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2004, 05:37 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do I buy???

Thanks for all the help guys. We decided to go with two raptors!! They are awesome. Lots of power! If anyone is in the So. Cal. area in South Orange County I recommend going to Mission Motorsports, they gave me a great deal!!!! Great customer service as well!

Old 10-18-2004, 07:55 PM
Pro Rider
Default What do I buy???

Congrats on your decision as my wife and I both have 660R's in the garage and our 17 year old daughter has the Z-400. All are great bikes it just depends on what your using them for. By the way just to make you feel good about your purchase ATV Rider just gave the Raptor the King of the Dunes title!

Old 10-18-2004, 08:51 PM
Range Rover
Default What do I buy???

Oh man, I want my Father to trade in his old Warrior for a Raptor but he says he loves the Warrior. kaotik, awsome choice. I just saw a Raptor at the dunes last week and it was rippin. Hope you and your wife have fun on them. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-18-2004, 09:31 PM
Trailblazer
Default What do I buy???

good choice great quads to start with and the sky is the limit on mods. also welcome to the forum. if you are anything like me you will read till your cross-eyed here. also ill be putting my raptor back to stock to sell, and have some after market shinny stuff and some proformance parts to sell. once again congrads and enjoy

Old 10-25-2004, 01:56 AM
Pro Rider
Default What do I buy???

Originally posted by: kaotik
does the 400 have enough power for bigger guys or do you need the torque of the Raptor? I dont want to get the 400 and not have enough power. It should probably be fine for my wife though. Also, does your friend complain much about the comfort of the 450?
Hey kaotik,

I have a stock Suzuki LT-Z400. I am 6'3" and 290lbs.

The STOCk Z400 will put me on my butt at will. The Z400 has tons of power, it is a great bike, it handles awesome on jumps, around tight corners, yet you can trail ride it all day long and when you want/need the power, just give your thumb a little twitch and it's there waiting.

I have not road a Rapter or yfz450, so i can not speak for them. I have road a 400ex though, and the z400 wins hands down. I have heard by several people that the yfz450 is a 'race' bike and likes to be pushed.. In other words, doesn't like to play on the trails all day in low to med. speeds.. Again i have not rode one my self to confirm that.

Personally unless you are racing MX, there is no need to spend all that extra money on a yfz450.. If you want the power, get a z400 and send it to yoshimura for ~$900 and you'll get it back as a yosh 450 that from what i've heard will eat a yfz450.

Just my $0.02

-ThaChad

** OOPS i didn't relyize you already bought your Raptor's. Congrats. I really wanted a Raptor 660, but i got a hell of a deal on the Z400 so thats how i ended up with it, but I am VERY happy with the Z400, and if i had it to do all over again, i'd still get the Z400. But in many years when this bike wears out, i might give the Raptor 660 a try myself.. I'd definitly like to ride one! Again Congrats. Have fun!!