Pro Rider
Default skimming the water???

Originally posted by: Daranello75
the only water i skip is on my snowmobile! You need power a whole lot of power
yup i dont think a lil blaster is gonna cut it. you need lots of speed

Old 10-16-2004 | 04:42 PM
Pro Rider

You just need a big pair of hairy 00's is all you need [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] No really you just need lot's and lot's of speed, more is better. Don't wheelie just lean back a tad to insure the front wheels don't dive under you, auctually if you have plenty of speed you can maintain a centered riding position and the front will float then as you slow down shift your weight back wards to keep the front from tucking under, you'll know because the spray from the front tires will get higher and spray more water. If you lean too far back then all your weight will be on your rear tires and they'll dig into the water more thus slowing you down faster. So enter the water with max speed then lean back as you slow down while "skimming"
Blasters can do it just as well as anything else if you have a good run at it, perhaps better because of the lower weight.

The thing that will get you hurt is either going over the handle bars or hitting the far side of the water after you've went sideways. Riding on the water is just about like riding on the ice, would you hit a patch of wet super slick Ice going 80 mph then hitting solid dirt on the far side? better think about it because it's about the same except throw in water spray to decrease your vision. Your quad will drift sideways then when you hit the solid bank on the other side you quad will all the sudden "whip" back straight, if it's too severe of a whip it can throw you or worse flip you.

Old 10-17-2004 | 05:06 AM
Trailblazer

2004 banshee that blaster can cut i know that for a fact its not some stock weed eater sounded blaster its real light so i think that if an advantage and also that blaster is pretty mean.

Old 10-17-2004 | 08:46 AM
Pro Rider

Jibrille, those pictures are downright awsome. What rear tires were you using? Looks like fun, but i dont feel like sinking the rappy.

Old 10-17-2004 | 09:14 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

few tips that im composing just from reading what's posted so far :
1. If your gonna do it do it and don't hold back.
2. Have ALOT of speed.
3. Have your @$$ on the correct place on the seat.
4. Paddles are best to use for more traction in water.
5. Look where your gonna end up once you get done hyrdoplaning

Old 10-17-2004 | 11:02 AM
|
Pro Rider

thank's for all your reply's guy's..I couldn't get up enough nerve to do it yesterday but I think I will try it next weekend.. I will take my camera with me and post a few pics either way it should be cool. You will either see a picture of me making it or a pic of me being scraped off a tree so it should be fun for all lol..
Anyway's thank's for the tip's fella's

Old 10-17-2004 | 05:10 PM
Pro Rider

Definately be ready to pull in that clutch and downshift, if you sink in a deep spot you risk stalling, good way to get stuck in the mud if you come to a dead stop. NEVER steer or hit the brakes either, definately bad news. Might want to check for boulders and logs first also, my friend plowed an angled log and got detoured into a tree that was up on an island in the large puddle, didn't get hurt fortunately. Really sucked that he had a 400EX with no reverse to get himself off of it, had to stand in the mud and pull it off! lol I had one incident where a 2" thick stick went right between the loop on the back of the stock swingarm guard on my warrior, took about a half hour to get it out of there. A full set of aftermarket skids will come in handy in skimming and avoiding the hazards, that's for sure!

Hey lethaface, don't forget to bring a spatula!!! lol
Everyone else, don't forget to bring a towel, or you'll get allllllll wet!

Old 10-17-2004 | 06:33 PM
Trailblazer

hey man i have a brand new yamaha blaster with the exceptions of nerf bars and is skims better than my bros raotor or my dads banshee