Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

EBAY

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2004, 09:07 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EBAY

I bought mine off Ebay as well as a friend.

I made sure he had positive feedback, did LOTS of emailing and asked a bunch of questions until I was comfortable with the deal. Even though I won the auction I was not "made' to take the quad home if I didn't like it once I drove 6 hours to see it. Luckily I was dealing with an honest guy and not a punk kid and it worked out great.

Old 10-18-2004, 10:27 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EBAY

man i would not buy any quad off ebay, i nearly got sucked in a few weeks back,a guy was advertising a yam 450 duncan racing 04 fully tricked for 3,000 us, i thought thats hell cheap he lived in the cheque republic but he told me the bike was in a ebay warehouse in sydney i said i would fly to sydney from perth and give you cash (6hr flight)he then said that his buisness was stuggling and needed the money so could i arrange to pay through western union, and square deal he said no money would change hands till i had recieved the bike,i thought that was pretty cool,so i chatted it over with the missus,she said show me the bike so i went back on to ebay the next day and it had gone and so had everything else this guy was sellin,so i put in a search for ,450 yamaha and low and behold the same bike came up the duncan racing one same pics everything it even had the same shed in the back ground,this time a guy in france was sellin it and he owned a restaraunt in greece and was also struggling ,needed money,etc i wrote back and said thats weird cos a guy in australia is sellin the same bike same pics same old shed in the back ground i told them they were all fraudsters and i was gonna bust the ring after they all the cheap quads on ebay disapered for a while .so BEWARE if the deal sounds to good to be true it normally is,if the guy wants to use western union or square deal forget it,there is no such thing as free shipping on a expensive bike,if in doubt leave alone,these are only my personal experiences and i understand not every one is trying to con you but be careful out there,there was a case this week where the cops went to a hotel in new york and arrested 2, 17 yr old english kids who had conned 75,000 pounds off people in england on ebay and decided to go and live it up in new york on holiday.....thanks for reading this

Old 10-18-2004, 12:10 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default EBAY

Sorry man, but if you even thought about biting on a quad from out of your country, let alone one going for only a fraction of its actual worth, then you really should not be making major financial decisions.