Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I Made It

Welcome back,,,

Old 10-23-2004, 10:26 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default I Made It

I wondered where you went, then figured it out. You must have come within just a couple hours of me. I wish I would have thought about it before hand.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

I saw 4 or 5 other Raptors while I was there and not one had an after market pipe on it.
Sounds like my area too. I think the southeast is mostly vacant of any real built bikes. I have seen very few.
There are some asphalt draggers in FL somewhere, mainly two strokes though. Check on PS about some FL people.

Glad your trip was safe.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 10-23-2004, 10:28 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default I Made It

Welcome to Florida sixsixt. There really are only three worth while riding areas in southwest Florida (St. Pete area). I live in Sarasota about 30 min south of you. There is Croom, which you have seen, Big Cypress National Forest and Ocala National Forest. Surprisingly enough there aren't that many "fast bikes" around here due to the lack of riding area. If you want to see the really fast quads you are goiung to have to trek over to Miami/Lauderdale area where everyone rides in the glades. You almost have to know someone that knows where to go over there though because they are not publicly advertised riding areas. However if you like Mx courses there is a huge one with 4 or 5 different tracks open to dirt bikes and quads and even a pee wee track if you have any kids. We just got our local riding area back here is Sarasota county. The North Port Police decided that they did not want people riding on public land that had been used for years. On a weekend during the winter you could easily find 3-4 hundered bikes and quads from stock to insane. There are trails, mud bogging, an mx/cross country course and even a sand drag area. Not too bad for local riding, but it was just reopened. You now have to buy a $25 sticker to ride though (big deal). Anyways, welcome and hopefully I'll see you on the trails sometime.