Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Who says the Banshee cant................

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2004, 09:29 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who says the Banshee cant................

no, because some of the fastest banshee's in the country are in stock oem chassis with nothing more then an aftermarket motor and swingarm.

Old 10-26-2004, 09:44 PM
Pro Rider

Wow i must have missed those bikes, dont seemn like that on Planetsand, those suckers are stretched and the faster ones get a custom frame made..

Old 10-26-2004, 09:47 PM
Pro Rider

You guys all make good points. However, I was referring to how people talk down (how I probably once did) about the Shee having crap reliability and such.

Beech, although you know more about it than I, I really dont think a properly maintained Banshee would fall apart in any kind of race.
My brother in law's stock 80's YZ250 did the B to V race a while back. (barstow to vegas) Actually, he ran that race twice with that good ol' YZ.
That is a decently long, (4-8 hours non stop) cross country desert race.

If maintained, with properly mixed fuel ect, I think a stock Shee could hold up just fine.

JMO, of course.

-Matt

Old 10-27-2004, 01:36 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Wow i must have missed those bikes, dont seemn like that on Planetsand, those suckers are stretched and the faster ones get a custom frame made..
Ever see Dan Hulls bikes??

You will once again over T-day I'm sure...

RoostKing...

Old 10-27-2004, 03:47 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

personal preference on the drag frames. You can make a stock frame weigh nearly as much as an xulw.

350x, it was basically a joke. A bone stock banshee probably couldnt go fast enough to get itself hurt too bad, but in the desert it doesnt take much to really hurt yourself.

Old 10-27-2004, 08:56 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DaBeechMan
First post by me...lol taking a stock or mildly modified banshee in the desert...lol the thing would fall apart before it got to the finish line...haha
Originally posted by: garyc660R
Originally posted by: DaBeechManreferring to desert racing...
Ever heard of Dean Sundahl?
Basically sums it up. The desert racing was brought up by me, but you wanted to contest me. You through deans name into the mix to prove me wrong that banshee's can perform in desert racing.Last time i checked we were talking oem geometry stuff gary. Like i said earlier if i wanted to tailor a bike to how i ride you can do it with ANY machine. "pretty straight forward"
How many desert racing atv's use completely stock oem frame and chassis? None. So why bring up desert racing? If Dan Hull is running a stock swingarm, then I could easily classify him as a 100% stock chassis....but thats not the case. 99% stock.....10% stock....still not stock. Or do we classify the the chassis in separate categories too suit the conversation? Back too my earlier post, the Banshee is a slightly different machine than the rest...especially in power delivery, but still can get by with an experienced banshee rider. THats all I was trying too really get across...and I think everyone can agree. Thanks gents for the time..[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img].

Old 10-27-2004, 04:43 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

this has got to be the biggest waste of time ive ever devoted to a thread....

Old 10-27-2004, 05:16 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's why I made my case and dropped out a while ago[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-27-2004, 05:22 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why he11, I guess I need to part of this again too.LOL

Old 10-27-2004, 06:09 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DaBeechManFirst post by me...lol taking a stock or mildly modified banshee in the desert...lol the thing would fall apart before it got to the finish line...haha
Originally posted by: DaBeechManreferring to desert racing...
Ever heard of Dean Sundahl?
Basically sums it up. The desert racing was brought up by me, but you wanted to contest me. You through deans name into the mix to prove me wrong that banshee's can perform in desert racing.Last time i checked we were talking oem geometry stuff gary. Like i said earlier if i wanted to tailor a bike to how i ride you can do it with ANY machine. "pretty straight forward"
How many desert racing atv's use completely stock oem frame and chassis? None. So why bring up desert racing? If Dan Hull is running a stock swingarm, then I could easily classify him as a 100% stock chassis....but thats not the case. 99% stock.....10% stock....still not stock. Or do we classify the the chassis in separate categories too suit the conversation? Back too my earlier post, the Banshee is a slightly different machine than the rest...especially in power delivery, but still can get by with an experienced banshee rider. THats all I was trying too really get across...and I think everyone can agree. Thanks gents for the time..[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img].

umm..well.. the DS650s..[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Who says the Banshee cant................