Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Where oh Where has the Raptors GONE?????

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2000, 02:19 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whats with people and saying o man my Raptors going to beat yours, the raptor may be faster then something but the rider has to be able to ride it fast.

Old 09-02-2000, 03:16 PM
Weekend Warrior

Anyone with a Polaris should not even speak a word because they are not intelligent people. (Polaris owners) Anyone who knows what ATVing is all about or for that matter snowmobiling, ride a YAMAHA!!!

If you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch!

Old 09-02-2000, 07:07 PM
Pro Rider

Local dealer today said that they have more deposits than they do Raptors, but then said that I could put down a deposit if I wanted to. It would be just in case someone changed their minds or something. Now I still don't want a Raptor, but, this dealer is sure it will be getting more than one this month. He told me "they" will be here in the next two weeks.
Guys, I said this earlier, Yamaha wants to put as many of these out as possible, as fast as possible. By December, you will be able to get one almost immediatly. I know that you want one right know, but it is going to be just like the DS was last year. I am telling you that these things are going to be shipped by the truckload very soon.
I'm going riding.

Old 09-03-2000, 12:11 AM
Range Rover

I have to believe that the Raptor bashers are jealous! It's probably a case of thier wives, or worse yet, thier mommies won't let them have one!

Here's a little advise to all your bashers out there. If you see a post and the topic has the word "Raptor" in it don't go into it and tell everyone how you're tired of reading about Raptors. No one cares! If you love or quad whether it's a 250R, Banshee, or whatever then go out and ride and have a good time just like the Raptor owners will.

Old 09-03-2000, 12:46 AM
Pro Rider

The Raptors are showing up in Ohio now. The dealer told me that there is already a deposit on every Raptor that Yamaha is going to build this year, if anyone wants a brand new one, they'll have to wait for a 2002, that is, if they don't have a deposit on one now.

Old 09-04-2000, 08:29 AM
Trailblazer

Hi Quad:
Where in Ohio? No one I've talked to has heard this (although, I haven't been calling around in Oh, but I still haven't heard from STNT in Meadville)

Old 09-04-2000, 08:43 AM
Trailblazer

Yup...they are in WV also. The dealer in Beckley asked the buyer (for a purchase discount of course) if they could keep it a week to get the word out. Hehe...kinda funny when you walk in and you see a line of people heading straight for that thing. Looks mean and great! Way to go Yamaha! Power? You bet! Smiles? Need u ask

Old 09-04-2000, 01:26 PM
Weekend Warrior

Morvac, When did they get to WV? Do you know which day? Still waiting on mine here in Va. I'm probably about just under 2 hours from you so it should be soon...B

Old 09-04-2000, 10:06 PM
Range Rover

Hey Morvac and 660R I live in Westminster MD not far from both of you. I put my downpayment of $1000 on May 26th. It is now larbor day and I'm not riding yet. I am of course first in line at the dealership and have my choice of colors. They have three on delivery two team blue and one black/white. I'm now leaning towards the blue. I am definitly expecting it this week hopefully before thursday. I sold my warrior a couple weeks ago and am hungrier then ever to ride this hyped machine. I know some cool places in western maryland to ride we should have a raptor convention. If not atleast stay in touch so we can talk about are new bikes. Later bschisler@aol.com

Old 09-04-2000, 11:34 PM
Pro Rider

Yamaboy, where do you have the right to say what you did. This is his opinion. It dosen't matter what you ride, you guys are acting like little children.. OoO mine's faster than yours.. who cares.. this childish bickering is getting on mine, and alot of other's nerves. It is refreshing to see someone come into the forums, and give such a remark as WSanders did. It's just another example of you living up to your name yamaBOY. I agree, Neil did step over the line about the raptor, and his Polaris might not be as sporty, or fast, but maybe he feels it is the best quad for what he does. I'm sure he knows that there are lots faster, and better handeling, but there are probably alot more reasons he's hangin on to it. You guys jump all over someone if they state their opinion, or even list a complaint about a new/their quad. Neil, you might not be so harsh next time, and YamaBOY, lighten up a little bit. Just cuz he might not like the "all mighty" Raptor as much as you, dosen't give you the right to chew him a new butt hole. The phrase "CHILL OUT" comes to mind here!! Later,

Quick Reply: Where oh Where has the Raptors GONE?????