Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Where oh Where has the Raptors GONE?????

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2000, 07:52 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Doesn't anyone think it is funny how everytime you call the dealer to see if the Raptor is in. They say in the next couple of days. LOL, I love it, everyone has put money down on a quad that they never rode and for most part never seen in person. I'm not tryin to bust anyones chops, but I just wanted to get some input on this. I hope to see the Raptor soon, but I am not holding my breath, anyway it doesn't seem like that great of a quad.

Old 09-01-2000, 08:57 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"anyway it doesn't seem like that great of a quad."

Reminds me of the Fox's line from Aesop:

"Anyway, those grapes are probably sour."

(I carry no brief for the Raptor, Sanddude; only, hey! It's o.k. to be curious and interested in a new quad! Whether the Raptor is superior or inferior to your quad of choice, it does not diminish your own ride in any way. Enjoy your ride.)

Tree Farmer

Old 09-01-2000, 09:00 PM
Weekend Warrior

WELL YOU DONT KNOW S**T THE RAPTOR IS HEAR
AND WILL BE STOMPING YOU SOON
I RODE ONE AT THE SHOP ONE HOUR AGO
IT IS ALL THAT AND MORE. I HAVE RIDDEN MY FAIR SHARE OF ATVS AND THIS THING IS BAD A**
I PICK MY RAPTOR UP IN THE MORRING
CANT WAIT TO RIDE

Old 09-01-2000, 09:07 PM
Trailblazer

In 95, Ibought a new Wolverine. It was great, but full time 4wd made it so I couldn't powerslide or wheelie the way I wanted to. After Cochranton a couple of yaers ago I rode a friends modified Scrambler 400. I liked it so I went and got one. I've modified it w clutch, pipe, carb, tires, wheels, etc etc. I really small and I still can't wheelie it. I determined I need a manual clutch. when I saw Raptor on the cover and read about it, I knew it was the machine for me. If I decide I don't like it, I don't think I'll have a problem selling it.

Old 09-01-2000, 11:27 PM
Trailblazer

The dilevery truck driver probably got confused and hauled all the craptors to the dump, oh well its probably for the best, who want to ride a four stroke anyway?

1990 polaris 350L 4x4
two strokes forever baby!

Old 09-01-2000, 11:56 PM
Trailblazer

I've not been around this place in a looooong time but I thought I'd check in to see if I could learn a bit about the new Raptor that I'm not-so patiently awaiting. I thought it might make the wait more bearable. I must say that I'm suprised to find that the level of immaturity here has REALLY gotten worse (and it was already pretty bad.) What a waste of what could be a very informative and fun ATV medium! Such a pity that it has to be disgraced and soiled with juvenile quibbling and useless jealous banter.

I can plainly see that I'd be wasting my time to give an in depth ride report soon after it arrives.

Old 09-02-2000, 12:43 AM
Pro Rider

WSanders,

No, please do give a full report. Some of us may be waiting even longer than you and it will help us to pass the time if we can read something, anything about it from an owners point of view. You don't have to argue with all of the naysayers, just give your evaluation and let it stand at that.

Old 09-02-2000, 12:44 AM
Pro Rider

Mr. Sanders,
Your last sentence earns you a triple word score. It so refreshing to hear such eloquence.

Old 09-02-2000, 01:00 AM
Trailblazer

Very well then! These pages shall soon be shod with the full and honest scoop.

Old 09-02-2000, 01:47 AM
Trailblazer

CRAPTOR, AND YOU DRIVE A POLARIS? WHAT A JOKE!!

Quick Reply: Where oh Where has the Raptors GONE?????