Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Upgrading Blasters Stock Suspension!

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2004, 04:14 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upgrading Blasters Stock Suspension!

Hey Guys,
Iv got a 1998 Yamaha Blaster...

http://www.dirtriders.net/1998blaster.html

...and iv done alot of upgrades to it but now im really wanting to upgrade the suspension because i find myself bottoming out on most jumps over 3-4 feet high (getting maybe 6 feet of air). I want to just upgrade the rear suspension but im also not sure if i should upgrade both front and rear. If you guys have done this sort of mod or know what is the best name brand or best upgrade for the money please let me know!!! Links are allways good too. Thanks in advance.

Feel free to check out other stuff on my site...but it is still kinda under contruction.

Later,
ToX666

Old 10-27-2004, 04:47 PM
Weekend Warrior

Or would it be better for me to just buy a banshee? Or would i have the same problems with stock banshee suspension?

Old 10-27-2004, 05:20 PM
Pro Rider

from what i hear stock banshee suspension is also pretty stiff.

Old 10-27-2004, 05:58 PM
Trailblazer

By simply putting banshee front shocks and 250r, 400ex, z400 or kfx400 rear shock on the blaster it would improve your suspension dramatically. You can do this for anywhere from $125 - $175 if you bide your time finding them on ebay. The banshee front shocks are an improvement over the stock front blaster shocks. As for the rear shock one of ones I listed is highly recommended. There is some modification to make one of these work but it is not anything major and is well worth it.

Old 10-27-2004, 07:51 PM
Trailblazer

i would like to do the same thing, would a stock rear banshee shock fit a blaster without having to do anything major?

Old 10-27-2004, 08:46 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: CmyBackULose
By simply putting banshee front shocks and 250r, 400ex, z400 or kfx400 rear shock on the blaster it would improve your suspension dramatically. You can do this for anywhere from $125 - $175 if you bide your time finding them on ebay. The banshee front shocks are an improvement over the stock front blaster shocks. As for the rear shock one of ones I listed is highly recommended. There is some modification to make one of these work but it is not anything major and is well worth it.
all thoes quads you listed, will there suspension be a direct fit on a blaster? What about YFZ front shocks, or Raptor?TY

Old 10-27-2004, 08:49 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: SMed112233
i would like to do the same thing, would a stock rear banshee shock fit a blaster without having to do anything major?
you would need to fab the linkage, but it has been done,

Old 10-27-2004, 10:16 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: SMed112233

Yes it could be done but there is a lot more modification involved. With the rear shocks I listed you drill 2 holes and have 2 bushings made and your done. You will be extremely satisfied.

Old 10-27-2004, 10:25 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: FdaDOT200
Originally posted by: CmyBackULose
all thoes quads you listed, will there suspension be a direct fit on a blaster? What about YFZ front shocks, or Raptor?TY

Pretty much a direct fit. Drill 2 holes in one end and have 2 bushings made. It is that simple. The YFZ will cause your front ball joints to become stressed and will eventually fail. The raptor shock will do the same thing. The only direct bolt on for the front without problems is the banshee unless you buy after-markets for you front. But that is $400 plus for after-market shocks versus $75-$100 for a used set of banshee shocks. For banshee front shocks and one of the rear shocks I listed you should be able to get complete set for $125 - $175 if you watch ebay closely.

Old 10-28-2004, 12:44 PM
Weekend Warrior

Well...im not much for modding anything and i kinda want to stay away from used shocks just because who knows what kinda abuse they were put through. What about after market shocks. Whats the best set of shocks i can put on a yamaha blaster or what name brand should i be looking into? If you have a link please post it. Thanks

Quick Reply: Upgrading Blasters Stock Suspension!