Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Need some help

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2000, 02:27 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My blaster cuts out when it is held wide open and when its idling it revs up on its own. I looked at my reeds and one is bent a little, could that be causing this problem. Thanks, any help would be appreciated

Old 09-03-2000, 03:36 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you re-jetted since adding the things in your grocery list? It may be running lean. The cutting out at full throttle & idling higher than usual are classic symptoms. An air leak is another cause of running lean. Check your boots for loose clamps & also cracks in the rubber. Check any connections that would allow air to be admitted after the intake.

Old 09-03-2000, 08:40 PM
Range Rover

mess around with the screw underneath the seat that adjusts the idle, it is most likely the temperature that is affecting it my quad did the exact same thing. i was riding home and i was waitin up for my friend with the clutch in and it started revving up real fast so i tried shuttin it off because i still had to wait and it wouldnt because it was idlin so high so i tryed to pop the clutch but that didnt work either and i ended up just shifting really quick into six gear and nailing the brakes. got off and turned down the idle and it was fine since then, it did it a couple of times but that was the worst, it no longer does that since the temperature has pretty much been the same

Old 09-03-2000, 10:23 PM
Trailblazer

I still run stock jetting, the guy that works on my blaster told me that i didnt need to rejet. If i did, he say that i might be able to go up one size on the main jet. I dont agree with that but he knows a lot more about fourwheelers than me.

Old 09-03-2000, 11:50 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

fmfblastermx2,
The only one who knows whether you need to re-jet is your engine...not me, not you, not some mechanic.All engines are not the same, so the thing you need to do inorder to understand what your engine is telling you is to do a test run & plug read. The sooner the better, before any damage occurs. With the increased air intake you have, I'd guess you will need one size fatter main jet and possibly two.