Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Can you get a ticket if the cop didnt see you?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2004, 04:59 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can you get a ticket if the cop didnt see you?

Just wondering. You know how it is, you get out on the street and dont plan to go too fast but then you wind it out? go a bit too fast? the neigbors give you mean looks. I swear ill never do it again lol (and im old enough to know better [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] ), but can I get a ticket without being seen?

Old 11-06-2004, 05:07 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

Originally posted by: JakalWarrior
Just wondering. You know how it is, you get out on the street and dont plan to go too fast but then you wind it out? go a bit too fast? the neigbors give you mean looks. I swear ill never do it again lol (and im old enough to know better [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] ), but can I get a ticket without being seen?
ewll yes and no.. you may think your not being see nbut if someone gets video fo u doing it your f(_)CKED! but if u can do it without neone seening have fun [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-06-2004, 05:09 PM
Pro Rider

No man you can't get a ticket without the cops seeing you,it would be your word against your neighbors word.But you could get a ticket if the neighbors had a video camera.lol.

Old 11-06-2004, 05:13 PM
Pro Rider

From what you saying your screwed anyway, because you seem to have some hater neighbors. You better not ride on the pavement at no time or better yet it might be wise to move in the country where it's an haven for off-roaders.

Old 11-06-2004, 05:22 PM
Pro Rider

Most of my neighbors are pretty cool but im not a kid. If I get in trouble it will be real trouble. Ug I feel stupid for doing that. Oh well, whats done is done. Just hope my brain dosent go on standby next time.

Old 11-06-2004, 05:48 PM
Pro Rider
To ATV Thieves: "Hope you guys flip and die douches!"

Yes, A cop could give you a ticket if he didn't see you. They gave me a ticket for disturbing private property and destroying private property, the cops didn't see me riding, just that my neighboor gave them a call, and cops when to my house.

Old 11-06-2004, 08:05 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: JakalWarrior
Most of my neighbors are pretty cool but im not a kid. If I get in trouble it will be real trouble. Ug I feel stupid for doing that. Oh well, whats done is done. Just hope my brain dosent go on standby next time.
What happened to you.. what kind of tickets did you get. I went out last week ran from them and about 2 hours later they met me at my truck on privait property. still gotta go to court but i got
-66 on a 50
-un-insured vehicle
-un-regestered vehicle
-un-licensed driver
-reckless driving

UGH!!!!! i was so mad the rents are pissed

YFZ660R-- finish your story!!!!

Old 11-06-2004, 08:16 PM
Pro Rider
To ATV Thieves: "Hope you guys flip and die douches!"

YFZ660R-- finish your story!!!![/quote]

Well I open the door and they asked if my name was Freddy, I said yes. So then they pulled me out of the house and arrested me(violently). I told them why are they arresting me and they said for running away from a crime.(WTF)
So they took me to jail since I'm 18. My dad paid a jail bond, to get me out. I still had to go to court and pay a ticket of almost $400. I told the judge my part of the story, which I didn't do any crime, and he didn't give a $hit, and gave me a damn ticket. That was bull$hit.

So every wacth out what your doing, the law could do whatever they want.

Also they said if any other complained, they will take my bikes away and arrest me again!

Old 11-06-2004, 08:30 PM
Pro Rider

WOW.. i am looking into deep $hit.... u get any points or license suspensions? What exactly was your summins?

Old 11-06-2004, 08:42 PM
Pro Rider

Just remember this when you go to court.....they call it a 'Justice' system, but its not, its a 'Legal' system, because Justice doesn't always prevail....

Its also like the saying 'You are innocent until proven guilty'....well thats BS too, thats a prosectutors saying....your saying is 'Guilty until proven innocent'...because if you are given a ticket and have to go to court, then you are guilty and have to prove you are innocent...

dave

Quick Reply: Can you get a ticket if the cop didnt see you?