Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Banshee has no power band!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2004, 04:16 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Banshee has no power band!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

While riding 02 shee hit stump that jerked bars left. Wouldnt start by kicking afterwards, got it pull started. when it ran it sounded fine but wouldnt hit the top end (powerband). park brake is off and secured properly. carbs r fine. plugs r new. the MF still wont start? check coil and stator they're good. dont know how if its even possible to test CDI box. Any help greatly appreciated!!

J

Old 11-07-2004, 06:24 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!
Default Banshee has no power band!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you check the pipe and see if it was smashed?

Old 11-07-2004, 07:08 PM
Pro Rider

Pull start eh?
right..

Old 11-07-2004, 07:13 PM
Pro Rider

he meant push start, pull start, same ting

Old 11-07-2004, 09:45 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

Get used to it thats just how they run..

J/K, maybe the float is stuck.

Old 11-07-2004, 10:53 PM
Pro Rider

It could be a few things.... 1st unplug the black box under the left side of the fuel tank close to the front. If that does not work are you still using the stock TOR's system if so unplug both of them and connect the wires on each connector.

Old 11-08-2004, 02:26 AM
Weekend Warrior

Yeah hey shav0, yeah i pulled it with another 4-wheeler and dropped the clutch. might wanna learn that trick!!!!

had to reply to that guys sorry.

dr. turbo im not sure what pipe you mean? All the exhaust is fine the a-arm that hit is dinged a lil but not bad. does that answer your ?

Floats r fine all carb stuff seems to work just fine. the black box under tank on left is that the park brake controller? i'll try that tommorrow.

Ernie 660. I am stil using the stock TORS. whenu say connect them together do you mean the 2 tors?

Tonight i tested the coil and was getting about 1400 VDC but wasnt getting spark @ either plug. A friend tells me its probably bad plugs but they only have one ride anyone ever heard of anything like that? plugs suddenly going bad?

Annihilater: im starting to see what you mean LOL
You just cant give on that badas* power the banshee has!!!!!

Old 11-08-2004, 02:38 AM
Pro Rider

I'm no expert here, but my buddies banshee had a similar problem. The culprit, some thing with the parking brake. Couldn't believe it was something so stupid! So chances are, the "black box" you're refering to is the problem.

Old 11-08-2004, 08:58 AM
Pro Rider

Each one of the tors has its own two wire plug in connector. Use a jumper wire to connect the two wires in each connector.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-08-2004, 04:50 PM
Weekend Warrior

i tried jumping the TORS like you mentioned and nothing happened. i replaced the plugs and got it to fire once now by fire i mean one or two strokes it fired. after that it sounded like it was backfiring. im lost and have pretty much run out of ideas!!!!

Quick Reply: Banshee has no power band!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!