Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Best Yamaha Blaster Mods to Increase Power!

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2004, 12:40 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Yamaha Blaster Mods to Increase Power!

Hey guys...
whats the best Proformance upgrades i can do to a 98 Yamaha Blaster? Im looking for power increase and iv done all the obviose stuff such as FMF SST Pipe/Power Core II SST Silencer, Converted Premix/Oil Block off, Geared it 14/40, K&N Air Filter and it has Boyesen "Power Reeds". The reeds, Pipe and Silencer, and air filter were put in before i got it so im not sure if they rejetted the carb or anything. If anyone know what the next upgrade i should do to increase power/speed please let me know! Thanks!

ToX666

Old 11-10-2004, 03:53 PM
Pro Rider

I'd say like pete, port work, or a big bore kit. just try a search in the yamaha forum and you'll find lots of info.

Old 11-10-2004, 03:56 PM
Pro Rider

A big bore kit won't do squat unless you have the port work to go with it.

Old 11-10-2004, 05:23 PM
Pro Rider

probably a bigger carb would come next.. there is trininty 35 mili's on ebay all the time for 270 shipped..that include's everything u need to install the carb. Also with a carb upgrade if u ever decide to turn it into a 240 u will already have the larger carb. But imo larger carb come's after pipe and reeds

Old 11-10-2004, 05:32 PM
Trailblazer

Bigger carb, definately

Old 11-10-2004, 05:43 PM
Pro Rider

Actually increasing the carb size more then 30mm on a stock blaster will loose peformance, not gain.
Air flows faster through smaller openings correct? If you bolt on a 30mm carb to the stock 196cc engine the crankcase will draw in air slower because the same amount of air is being sucked in as before, but now its moving through a larger bore inside the carb. Your best bet is to increase displacment, or port work. Then think about a larger carb.

Lethaface. The only time you would need a 35mm carb on a blaster is a 240 with port work. Most of the time people choose the PWK33mm because it provides the best all around power increase.

Old 11-10-2004, 05:47 PM
Weekend Warrior

So whats the stock carb in MM's?

I looked up the 35MM kit on ebay and it says 6 horsepower gain...how much horsepower does a blaster have stock? is 6 HP a big increase? and is there something better then the 35MM carb kit?

Old 11-10-2004, 05:49 PM
Weekend Warrior

increase displacment? How? what does that meen?

Old 11-10-2004, 05:50 PM
Pro Rider

thank's for the info shav0. I am glad u said that becuase i was thinking of getting the 35 mm myself in the next few week's. Trininty said it would give 8hp threwout the entire powerband. They also said that was the best upgrade after the pipe and reeds.

Sry for the wrong info tox666..shav0 is the man to talk to about the blasty's

On a side note i am so sick of website's and ppl selling empty promises. I can't believe that they can claim something like that to later find out that it is false without having any action taken against false advertising.

Old 11-10-2004, 06:07 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ToX666
So whats the stock carb in MM's?

I looked up the 35MM kit on ebay and it says 6 horsepower gain...how much horsepower does a blaster have stock? is 6 HP a big increase? and is there something better then the 35MM carb kit?
At the rear wheels, stock blaster HP is about 15. Some might arguee more, some less. Either way its not very much. A 6hp increase from just a carb alone is next to impossiable. Like I said, You engine can only draw in as much fuel/air as it can hold. Changing the carb size increase the carb's bore and does allow more air in, however your still restricted by the amount of air your engine can "suck."
Increasing displacment means basically making your motor larger. A stock blaster is 195cc (cubic centameters) The forumla for this is .7854 X bore X bore X stoke = cc
A stock blaster has a stroke of 57 and a bore of 66. If you increase the bore size by boring it out, or adding a big bore kit, or change the stroke by adding a stroker crank you are increasing the amount of cc's that the engine can displace.

Quick Reply: Best Yamaha Blaster Mods to Increase Power!