Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Squeaking (rubbing) on an '05 Bruin 350

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2004, 08:14 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Squeaking (rubbing) on an '05 Bruin 350

I have a ‘05 350 Bruin that is squeaking too. The squeak (rub) is coming from the left front wheel (as you would be sitting on the machine). I do not believe there are grease fittings there, but have not looked for any either. Only the one wheel squeaks, I have taken the wheel off in hopes of finding something, but nothing, it looks identical the opposite side. Listening to you guys talking about the brakes makes me think it could be that, but why only the one side, the Bruin has discs in front at both wheels. Now I will tell you that the machine did take a hit at that wheel, hard enough to bend the outer lip of the rim, it is easy to assume that that is the problem, but like I said there is nothing out of place behind the rim, and alignment is still perfect, drives straight no problems and the camber looks the same as the other wheel.

Any suggestions for me, I thought about getting a new set of wheels just to rule those out, but I suppose I could just swap the left side for the right side and see if the squeak (rub) follows to the other wheel.

So far this is the best ATV forum I have found, others are not very busy.

Old 11-12-2004, 07:26 AM
Weekend Warrior

bump

Old 11-12-2004, 10:13 AM
Range Rover

knock , knock....
who's there?

a "bump"
A bump who, ?
why are you bumping your onw post after one day, do you think you will get an immidiate responce ?

" bumping your own thread "should be banned on any board.

Old 11-12-2004, 10:17 AM
Pro Rider

I don't know if it is a common thing on Bruins or something, but when I get sand or mud between my disc and pads it will squeak, I use a lot of brake clean. :S

Old 11-12-2004, 11:22 AM
Weekend Warrior

What does it matter why I am bumping my post? It was three pages deep, if you noticed I am new here and I am not sure how much attention my post will get if it’s three pages back. Obviously this is a very busy forum, just trying to get my post more exposure for someone who may actually have some information for me, and not trying to be a jerk by thinking I am expecting an immediate response.
I gave what I think is a pretty detailed description of my problem, looking for help not some sarcastic reply from someone looking to improve their post count. It’s people like you and responses like that, that give good useful forums a bad reputation.

A forum is a simple process, if you don’t have anything useful to say or add to a discussion, then don’t post.
Being a D!CK should be banned on any board.

Old 11-12-2004, 12:46 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: nicksgts
What does it matter why I am bumping my post? It was three pages deep, if you noticed I am new here and I am not sure how much attention my post will get if it’s three pages back. Obviously this is a very busy forum, just trying to get my post more exposure for someone who may actually have some information for me, and not trying to be a jerk by thinking I am expecting an immediate response.
I gave what I think is a pretty detailed description of my problem, looking for help not some sarcastic reply from someone looking to improve their post count. It’s people like you and responses like that, that give good useful forums a bad reputation.

A forum is a simple process, if you don’t have anything useful to say or add to a discussion, then don’t post.
Being a D!CK should be banned on any board.
what does it matter?
instead of calling me "names" use your head and think about it... if every other person would bump their post to get faster replies or attention your post would be on the 10th page after 1 day. and th forum would be called "bump " forum.
you are not a new since you already know how to bump a tread so you must have learned it some where else, you are just new to this forum.

to give you something usefull as well.

it is possible that your brake squeeks because you hit something, you likely got your brake disk slighly warped, meaning it is not truely flat any more or you could say it wobbles.
and yes sand in the brake pad crevices also make your brakes squeek.

Old 11-12-2004, 01:03 PM
Elite Pro Rider

If you put on the front brake...does the squeek go away? If so, check for a small pebble or packed mud by the calipher. You could also try flushing it with water, and that might help it clear up. Ive found the more you use the brake, the more the sound goes away, it might be a break in kind of thing.
How do you like the Bruin? How many hours do you have on it?

Old 11-12-2004, 01:27 PM
Weekend Warrior

Now that is some useful information, there you go, you do understand the purpose of a forum, and I knew you had it in you.

That is something to look at; I will check the disc to see if it is still true, thank you for that piece of information

Old 11-12-2004, 01:40 PM
Weekend Warrior

No it doesn’t. the noise it not really a constant squeaking, more of a rub with every rotation the wheel makes. I will check ZSEBI’s suggestion, that seems more likely.

I like the Bruin a lot, it is my wife’s, I have a Grizzly, both machines are 2005’s and so far the Bruin has been able to go everywhere the Grizzly has. Sometimes my friends will ride the Bruin if they want to go riding with me. Actually my friend is the one who bent the wheel in it. I really wanted to get her the 05 Kodiak 450, (couldn’t find any) but the bruin seems to be a great choice. I ended up purchasing both machines in Chicago (I live in NC) while I was there for a trip, they had the best price and I did not have to pay sales tax. Their price for the Grizzly was $5999, and the Bruin was $4500, it was worth the trip. www.championcycle.com

Old 11-16-2004, 03:31 PM
Pro Rider
Has Been Around Here Quite Awhile!

If your Bruin has the brakes like what is on the 05 kodiak I'd say there is your problem. I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure out what to do. The noise just keeps getting louder and louder. If I tap the brake the noise stops for a second or two. Other than that it's a great atv!

Quick Reply: Squeaking (rubbing) on an '05 Bruin 350