Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Bandits, Razars, Or Holeshots

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2000, 06:38 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a blaster and i was wonderin which tire to go with i ride trails, track and some times mud but i dont care if they arent good in the mud. I like the looks of razars but i heard they wear quick and i need something that will last, i see a lot of pros using holeshots but i heard that they arent really that good and they wear faster than razars, i also like bandits and havent really heard anything about them i think that they look awesome. Any replies will be appreciated Thanks

Old 09-04-2000, 08:24 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, I'll tell you right from the git-go I am biased towards the Bandit XC, not the AT. Ihave been running them on my Warrior for about two years which translates to 2 complete sets plus an extra one or two which were ruined in crashes. Both the Razr and the Holeshot are very good tires with good hook up which is why the pros often run them, but in most cases they don't have to pay for them when their soft rubber compound wears out. In fact they usually run new ones for each race. Us peons however can't or won't replace ours that way.
The BanditXC is a great tire for trail, xc,desert. It is a little heavier than the other two you mention, so serious mx riders usually go with another option. The pure Sport Bandit is a TRUE 4 ply tire & with the Kevlar band on the XC it is very rigid in corners with little or no understeer or rollover. If your e-mail is a good one I can send you a pic of what the 20" XC's look like on my ride. Let me know

Old 09-04-2000, 08:37 PM
Pro Rider

i was in the same position a couple months ago and i chose razrs and am totally pleased.

Old 09-04-2000, 11:30 PM
Trailblazer

Will you please send me the pics also, I am debating on which of those three for my Raptor. I have Holeshots on my 400EX but I am wanting to try something differant. I am pleased with my Holeshots, but my bike is wrecked and need a new A arm so the tires are wearing funny quick.

Old 09-05-2000, 12:27 AM
Weekend Warrior

Cant speak for the Bandits or the holeshots but a friend of mine has some Razars on his bansh and they rock but are a little soft and are wearing fast...

Old 09-05-2000, 02:41 PM
Trailblazer

I have the Bandits on my Blaster. They are a great all around tire, except for soft sand. They will dig holes real fast on hill climbs. The stock tires are better for sand than the Bandits. I like the Bandits a lot, but I get nervice when I see a big sand hill. I got to make sure I have a lot of momentum before going up. I got stuck many times at 7/8 of the way up some steep hills. These same hills had stock Blasters going right up them.

Old 09-05-2000, 06:45 PM
Range Rover

HoleshotXCT six ply it is definitely the stongest atv tire ever! It has one more races then any other tire on the market. My freind has a 300ex with razors he loves them even after his rim smashed and shredded the 3 week old tire into pieces. Everyone copied off ITP tread design years ago. I had my holeshots two years and they still have plenty of wear left in them. Go with the best go with ITP!

Old 09-05-2000, 06:51 PM
Range Rover

I have friends who run holeshots and say that they arent bad tires but they tend to get leaks in them. Is this true?

Old 09-05-2000, 09:34 PM
Pro Rider

Ive used holeshots for over 7 years, I am most pleased with holeshot XC's they seem to be better than razors and shredders, they dont tend to roll and seem 10x more puncture resistant than other brands. Im sure they wear, but I dont think it is any quicker than any other comparable tire, the XCT is awesome for cross country racing, but I do sometimes use a different type of front tires depending on what type of riding I do. they also help save the rim from damage by keeping it gaurded in a deep bead lip, any leaking was contributed by not seating the bead at high enough pressure and/or by having previously bent rims. of course nothing is wrong with good old turf tamers, they have been around for years.