Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

I want to soup up my Warrior. Yeah, baby!

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2000, 09:07 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My questions to Warrior owners with aftermarket exhaust and air filters is: Are the horsepower gains significant? Was it worth the money you spent? And more specifically, how well does it tackle the sand dunes, now? Thanks.

Old 09-04-2000, 10:26 PM
Weekend Warrior

It is worth the extra $$$ for the gains in performance and power. I was thinking of getting rid of my 98 Warrior until I did these upgrades:

First I traded in those stock tires for some Realtor Pure Sports. If I had to do it again I might of gotten Maxxis AllTracks. Just because the Realtors are so dam aggressive for hardpack riding. In the mud and snow their great. But to turn those more agressive tires 22x12.5x9 I kicked it down a tooth on the front sprocket.

Then I got a procircuit t-4 exhaust and a proflo adaptor with a K&N at the same time. The gains in torque and power were really noticeable.

Then I went to the dunes! I just don't think the Warrior has enough power to really enjoy the dunes. It's fine for speed and jumping maybe 3 feet in the air.But once you see a banshee get some serious air, you just want to leave.

So..... I put 6 one inch holes in my air box with filters. Helped alot at high altitude.

Then....I put in a torque stuffer from a yz400 (white brothers), it helped in low end and mid range.

Finally.... I put on some front shocks froma 2000 Banshee. As far as jumping and handling now this was an AWESOME upgrade. I got them slightly used from the classifieds on this site $80. I weigh about 245lbs and the stock shocks were bottoming out after only jumping 5 feet in the air. Now I can jump twice as high and far, and I still haven't bottomed it out. The Banshee shocks have ths same shaft length, however the coils are 2 1/2 inches longer (it only took me 30 minutes to swap them out.) GREAT UPGRADE for little $$$$

Now..... for the ULTIMATE upgrade I'm getting a Raptor and not dumping anymore money into the Warrior. I'm going to keep the Warrior though, just so I can tear the hell out of it, and have a spare quad for a friend to ride.

Guess I rambled on to long...sorry!

Old 09-04-2000, 11:56 PM
Trailblazer

My friend has a '99 Warrior with white brothers E series pipe and silencer, K&N filter and jet kit, durablue rear axle +2 length I think. Its a mean quad, good jumper, and pretty fast. Good wheelie quad.