Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Building a Banshee MX Quad?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2000, 10:23 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mgrigsby22, I live in south Arlington at I-20 and Collins. I drive a new Black & Gray two tone GMC Z-71 with all the extra's. Always looking for people to ride with. I mostly hit Flying P or Rocky Ridge but my favorite place to ride is Mena, Ark. I get my Raptor today and will be ready to start riding ASAP. Give me a shout and we can hook up.

Old 09-08-2000, 05:07 PM
Range Rover

ccarpe1 when are you going to go riding next? Have you got your raptor yet?

Old 09-08-2000, 05:14 PM
Pro Rider

Got it yesterday and rode it last night. I'll be out on the east side of 360 south of I-20 near Joe Pool. There's a little riding place to ride. I think I am going to Rocky Ridge tomorrow. Was going to Flying P but there is a race this week end out there. Do not really want to go anyplace there will be a lot of people. Everyone will want to race but I want to break this thing in right.

Old 09-08-2000, 05:23 PM
Range Rover

ccarpe is that place south on 360 south of I 20 and south of Tarrant County College? If This is the place I know where it is at but have never been there. Is there a large amount of area to get on it? What time are you going? If it is early Saturday I may meet you down there...I would go like around 9am or 10am. Let me know and I can meet you down there...I would love to see that new Raptor.

Old 09-08-2000, 05:28 PM
Pro Rider

Yes south of TCJC on the north bound side of 360. It's probably 20 to 30 acres. Pretty good for just down the road. I'll be there this afternoon around 4:45. Can't stay that long though, got to do the Women thing tonite. I will be riding somewhere tomorrow for most of the day.

Old 09-08-2000, 05:38 PM
Range Rover

I can't make it tonight so I might go in the morning early of Sunday morning...more than likely I will go Saturday morning...let me know if your going down there tommorow or Sunday...I really want to check out that Raptor...might even want to race yu.

99 Banshee FMF Fatty Pipes, Power core 2 silencers, K&N filter, blue shockwears

http://www.geocities.com/mgrigsby21/

Old 09-10-2000, 12:55 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I finally got a new head, piston, rings, valves under warranty.

Old 09-10-2000, 12:57 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I think I'll head to rocky ridge on sunday now that my DS is back in action.

Old 09-10-2000, 11:25 AM
Pro Rider

If you are going to race, you are going to have to seriusly look at building a 250R. I explored the Lonestar "outlaw" Banshee, and you are going to be in it way over 10 grand after you start adding up all the parts you need.(e-mail me if you want a more detailed explanation)
I had the opportunity to ride a Banshee with Roll Design A-arms and Axis shicks all the way around. It was very, VERY good. It had a lot of engine tricks with Toomey pipes. I didn't care for the Toomey's, not as ridable as Paul Turner's, but a lot more top end. I am not real happy with the Turner's, I think I might try the FMF's.
Anyhow, I ended up getting an 88 250R that is stock. Suspension is awesome! See if you can get a ride on one and you will be hooked. Then you can get a pipe, FMF ram valve, and new carb and be pushing 50 ponies. Dial in the suspension for your riding and you will have the best quad you could ever get. They are awesome!
Eventually I am going to build my Banshee into an "outlaw" but I will find a complete parts 250R to get all the parts I need and do it a little at a time.

Old 09-10-2000, 08:40 PM
Trailblazer

ccarpe where do you ride in mena ark is it that ohv park thing ive heard about? All my family live in mena and I use to live there too as a kid been back once since then last year.Do you know tim at tims yamaha suzuki hes a long time friend of the family and would give me a raptor at cost but I'm kinda leaning toward getting back into mx bikes like the cr 250 but thats a whole nother topic.anyway take it easy!

Quick Reply: Building a Banshee MX Quad?