Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Building a Banshee MX Quad?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2000, 11:48 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have mine set up for novice MX. It has everything but a shortened swing arm to match the +2+1 front. That would supposedly give you really good MX characteristics. I run a stock frame also. I have about 7000 into it, so I can't imagine what a Outlaw deal would cost. If you need a motor I have an RZ 350 motor that would rock for MX. Only $800

Old 09-11-2000, 10:53 AM
Pro Rider

Yea, it's called Wolf Pen Gap. 75 miles of trails from easy to most difficult. All the trials are marked like the ski slopes, green for easiest to black for hardest. I do know of the Yamaha shop there in Mena. We stopped there the last time we rode up there.

Old 09-12-2000, 06:25 PM
Range Rover

ccarpe1 how did the Raptor run? From what I've seen probably like a champ...I was thinking of going riding this weekend probably Flying"P" since it is close and the weather is suppose to be in the low 80's...you think you may be interested in going? i want to go but do not want to ride by myself...if you know what I mean. Let me know...i will probably head out early I want to get there around 7am or 8am.

99 Yamaha Banshee FMF Fatty pipes, Power Core 2 silencers, K&N filter, Blue shockwears

http://www.geocities.com/mgrigsby21/
(have started but have yet to finish)

Old 09-12-2000, 07:22 PM
Trailblazer

I own a 96 Banshee with a Lobo Roll Design frontend and rear end with Axis shocks all around. The motor is a 420 with MX porting from Trinity with all the extras (CV kit, light-weight pistons, etc) I use grooved Ryken tires and and 18" Turf Tamers in the rear. The bike rips, more than able to keep up and beat any bike on the track, but I have to run the open class because of the motors size. I use a 409 engine to run in the next lower class at Pace events. I plan to buy an Outlaw Banshee for next years racing season. The Roll bikes work great though, for all types of riding i race TT, MX, Grand Prix, Arenas, and hillclimbing with a simple tire swap and sway bar I can race TT and the following weekend MX, plus the bike is fast enough to do local drags, so what Im trying to say is that a Banshee is definitly capable for any kind of racing but it is going to cost you, racing ain't cheap, especially when you are talking about top of the line components. My Roll Design/ Trinity Banshee cost me well over 10,000 and my new outlaw is gonna run close to 15,000 without a motor, plastic, gas tank, and seat!

Old 09-24-2000, 01:57 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

joey1, Does Doug Roll have a web site? Was the Roll swingarm shortened to make the frontend weight bias more like a trx250r? Does Roll make a complete chassis for the banshee motor?

Old 09-25-2000, 12:47 PM
Trailblazer

I have no idea if Roll Design has a sight or not, if they have one I cant find it. You pretty much have to go through Duncan Racing to see the products that Roll Design offers, or call Roll Design directly and ask. The Lobo 1 swingarm is -1 inch, the Lobo 1 a-arms are +1.5 forward giving the Banshee the weight bias very similar to a 250R, it definitly lessens the nose heavy attitude of the Banshee. As for a complete chassis from Roll Design you would have to have them build one for you custom, they only sell a gusset kit for a stock Banshee frame.

Old 09-25-2000, 02:09 PM
Pro Rider

I have a +2+1 rolldesign front end and works shocks all the way around....This is a stock chasis and it seems to handle just fine for motocross use.
I don't think I would like it with a shortened swingarm. It seems like it would make the center of gravity all off. But alot of riders are shortening the swing.

Old 01-03-2001, 11:59 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

joey1, which banshee MX chassis is best: lobo, outlaw, or laeger w/CR500 linkage? For a typical setup, will all three weigh <=350lbs? Is there significant cost difference for similar setups using each of these?

Also, I want to start from a fresh banshee motor. It seems pointless to buy a new 2001 banshee just for the motor and use next to nothing else from the quad. Can I buy a stock 2001 motor from Yamaha? What would the motor cost?

Thanks!

Old 01-04-2001, 05:29 PM
Range Rover

hey someguy if i understood u right u said that a banshee shouldnt go mx because there is no low end? explain this to me if there isnt no low end and a banshee shouldnt go mx why is there 3 banshee's and 3 400 ex's all in the top six points in the cra in ohio and i am one of them if there isnt any low end to a shee?

Old 01-04-2001, 10:14 PM
Weekend Warrior

they have a used banshee in cycle trader with a 250r chassis, that might work for u

Quick Reply: Building a Banshee MX Quad?