Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

grizz muffler mod,it works

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2004, 11:22 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default grizz muffler mod,it works

did muffler mod ,great boost in low end,but no top speed change, WHY?

Old 11-19-2004, 01:29 AM
Range Rover

gearing

Old 11-19-2004, 03:37 AM
Pro Rider

wats this mod we are talking about

Old 11-20-2004, 04:32 AM
Pro Rider

????? hey does anyone know where to buy asnorkel at for a 05 grizzly...or how to make one

Old 11-20-2004, 08:09 AM
Range Rover

you will most likely have to make it. if you you use a good strong plastic flex tubing to go from the air box to right under the front rack (or even to the fender but it does not lood as good, then from there use pvc to bring it up through the front rack make sure you put a candy cane bend (90 degrees bend) at the top of the pcv. make sure that you dont have any leaks. a good wath to do this it puy putting a plug on the end of the pipe(don't use glue on the plug) then drill a hole i the plug screw a air compressor hose (with the compressor) in the hole might want to use some plummers tape around the threads. then get a spray bottle put some soap and some warm water in it then spray it at all the fitings of the pipe, this includes at the air box. turn the compressor on DON'T USE MORE THAN 5psi after there is a little air preasure in the pipes whach all the fittings and if bubles start forming then put glue uer that area. after you are done make sure you take the cap off. make sure that you use PVC cleaner, primer and glue, in that order on all the fittings. because you would not like it to fall apart in the middle of a pond from being jerked around. beleive me I know PVC check out my site and you'll see PNEUMAITC SPUD GUNS
oohh and I almost forgot secure all the peices to something sturty like the frame you could use zip ties. you may want to put some heat sheild stuff on the pipe if it comes close to the engine.

Old 11-20-2004, 01:24 PM
Trailblazer

So what is the muffler mod all about? There isn't any info on it.

Old 11-20-2004, 02:47 PM
Pro Rider

the muffler mod. remove the end cap on the exhaust. cut off the 3/4 inch hole. weld in a 1 1/2 inch pipe. reinstall the spark arrester. take a long 1/2 inch drill, and drill out around 10 to 15 holes into the baffle inside the exhaust before reinstalling the end cap. this allows alot more air to flow. install a k$n, and you can move much more air, and get more power. the down side is simple, dont lean out the engine. if you do a muffler mod, at the least, do a plug chop. if your lean at all, go up on the jet. if dialed in properly, you can get a good 3 or 4 hp. out of a k$n, a little welding, a long drill bit, and a 5 dollar jet! heck, cheap hp if you ask me!

Old 11-20-2004, 05:57 PM
Range Rover

wow that confused me a little!

Old 11-20-2004, 08:23 PM
Trailblazer

me too...were the holes drilled through the spark arrester? Doesn't sound like a good thing, how does it sound when it's all done? I'm looking for HP not more noise - doesn't help with hunting...

Old 11-20-2004, 09:22 PM
Range Rover

YAH I would have to agree with you on that one. and if there are holes in the mufler wouldn't water leak in. or where ever you put the holes in?

Quick Reply: grizz muffler mod,it works