Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

The WAIT is OVER, Raptor is here,

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2000, 11:00 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just picked mine up this evening. To describe it in one word: SWEET!

Upon sitting on it for the first time it reminded me of my buddy's 400ex, only taller. It starts up easily and has a nice growl from the exhaust. You can feel the power through the handle bars as you rev it up. It doesn't have the low end torque like my Warrior does so you have to rev it up a bit and work the clutch to get it going. I'm trying to behave and break it in right so I didn't push the rpm's too much but even short shifting it through the gears you can tell that it wants to fly.

The reverse is a snap! It's fast even going backwards. The reverse gear feels comparable to 3rd gear.

I didn't get it home untill 8:00 and it was starting to get dark so I turned on the lights which look awesome. The lights sit far enough inside the fenders that it causes them to glow.

Tomorrow at work is gonna be the longest day ever!
I can't wait to get home and ride and ride and ride!

Old 09-06-2000, 11:36 PM
Range Rover

Keep us informed daily on your colossal rides. I can't take it anymore!

Old 09-06-2000, 11:37 PM
Range Rover

Keep us informed daily on your colossal rides. I can't take it anymore!
Thanks,
Jealous

Old 09-07-2000, 11:54 AM
Range Rover

-YaMaRaPtoR
Did you get a chance to make some videos??
If you havn't yet, make sure they are long! I want to see this thing in action. (I'm getting sick of watching the Yamaha Promo Video)

Bandit99

Old 09-07-2000, 12:26 PM
Trailblazer

Man, I am probably not geting mine until mid-October because I am in CA but I bet I will have video and pics of my Raptor everywhere (leaving the dealer, at home, at Glamis) before the people here get their sh*t together.

Mike
http://home.earthlink.net/~dm-graphics

Old 09-07-2000, 01:55 PM
Pro Rider

I Have video of it running, i dont have a person to video me riding though. We will do that tomorrow. Its great.

Old 09-08-2000, 07:08 PM
Pro Rider

COOL! I bought mine today, the dealer actually had one left from the firs allotment! I won't get it until Oct 30th, but I know it is Black and White. (Now to sell my 400EX.......)

One question: Does it have Grease Zerks and if so, where are they? I Just hope I can grease the ball joints and the carrier bearing......Unlike the EX, which just wears out.

Old 09-08-2000, 08:32 PM
Trailblazer

Hi Bash:
I think you and I are in the same boat. I happened to go by a small local dealer on Wednesday and stopped just for the heck of it. turns out they had a blue one (the mechanics). I called my dealer (Street Track and Trail in PA.), today and he told me Yamaha was releasing a Blue one today and should be here next week. (i'm #2 on the list) The guy that is waiting for #1 wants a black one and so do I. I was told I could have the blue one if I wanted. Told him I'd call right back. Decided to wait for the Black one. Problem is, he's getting only one a month for the next 6 months. 3 black and 3 blue; doesn't know what color each delivery will be. Based on this info, it will be at least 2 months. Let's see it's Sept 9 - That's November 9. Maybe it will come sooner. Good luck and I hope you get yours soon.

Don

Old 09-08-2000, 09:04 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

it has some zerks.

Old 09-08-2000, 09:42 PM
Pro Rider

Great! Are there zerks on the Ball Joints and the Carrier?? Anywhere else?

Quick Reply: The WAIT is OVER, Raptor is here,