Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

WHite Brothers E-series Loudness Issues

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2004, 09:10 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WHite Brothers E-series Loudness Issues

How do i make my white brothers e-series full system less as loud.. I dont want to change the jetting at all but i dont want it to be as loud as it is!

Does it have somthing to do with the amount of discs??

Old 11-30-2004, 09:19 PM
Pro Rider

Yup more discs=less sound slightly decreased power, less discs= more sound a little more power

Old 11-30-2004, 09:21 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: blindside350
Yup more discs=less sound slightly decreased power, less discs= more sound a little more power
you've got that mixed up. More disc.. more sound... more power, Less disc...... less sound.... less power.

Old 12-01-2004, 09:52 AM
Pro Rider

well which is it???

Old 12-01-2004, 10:09 AM
Pro Rider

It's less discs less sound ,you have decreased the size of the opening with less discs...

Old 12-01-2004, 12:46 PM
Pro Rider

IMO....

There are better slip-ons for Raptors. The E-series actually reduces top end HP but adds low end. The Raptor don't need the low end where this pipe gives it. I think this silencer was designed for the 400EX and adapted for the Raptor.

And...Not only is the e-series loud, it's a crappy sound.

You should put your e-series on EBAY and get a Yoshi or something. You will be much happier.

Old 12-01-2004, 04:09 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: MasterRaptor
IMO....

There are better slip-ons for Raptors. The E-series actually reduces top end HP but adds low end. The Raptor don't need the low end where this pipe gives it. I think this silencer was designed for the 400EX and adapted for the Raptor.

And...Not only is the e-series loud, it's a crappy sound.

You should put your e-series on EBAY and get a Yoshi or something. You will be much happier.

Thats wrong. The E-Series is designed to be completly adjustable for sounds and power. It can have good top end (and sacrifice low end) but you have to put 20+ disks in. You can get great low end (and sacrifice top end) by putting in less disks. They are well disigned pipes but a little outdated in terms of todays new pipes. Also remember if you want more top end and put more disks in you must also richen the jetting up to compinsate for the exhaust getting out faster. This goes the other way with less disks, you must lean out your jetting to get good results. With power comes more noise so be aware that it will be very loud with 20+ disks but you'll notice a good gain.

If you get another slip on you're not gonna notice much power difference, they all make pretty much the same HP. I went from a slip on e-series thinking the Yoshi full system would help alot more and it didn't make me a bit faster at all, I think the only gain I got was throttle response other than that it just sounded different and looked a little better [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-01-2004, 05:51 PM
Pro Rider

This dude already don't like the sound it makes. If you put 20 disks in, it will sound worse than king kong farts.

They make a quiet core insert. That will shush it down. I think you can get them on Rockcymountatv.com. You'll probably loose about 2 horsey's.

Old 12-01-2004, 06:32 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: MasterRaptor
I am so glad I got rid of that E-series (Sold for $170 on ebay)
Was that the head pipe too?

WIll i have to re-jet for less discs?

Old 12-01-2004, 06:38 PM
Pro Rider

No, it was just the silencer. I didn't see that you had the head pipe too. You'll probably loose bucks if you unload it.

Maybe you can add disks and add the quiet core.

Quick Reply: WHite Brothers E-series Loudness Issues