Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

I need help on a decisioin.. Do i want a raptor or a banshee??

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2004, 03:50 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need help on a decisioin.. Do i want a raptor or a banshee??

Am i taking a chance if i were to buy a used banshee? Were there any years on the banshee where there were defaults? If i buy used what year should i go down to?

Old 12-10-2004, 07:31 PM
Pro Rider

Definatly get the Raptor! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-10-2004, 11:42 PM
Pro Rider

Anyone else??????

Old 12-10-2004, 11:47 PM
Range Rover

What you should consider is a DS650 ,Really go to a dealer and look real clouse at a DS look at the fit and finish the qualityAnd then ask your self.if your willing to gain a little weight for the quality in craftmanship.

Old 12-11-2004, 12:30 AM
Pro Rider

Hmm.. i Love yamaha.. its the most reliable ive heard of.. the ds is nice but im stuck between the rappy and the shee!

Old 12-11-2004, 09:21 AM
Pro Rider

their almost the same in performance, stock. Its more of a prefrence of 2stroke or 4stroke. Ide go with the 4stroke .good luck.

Old 12-12-2004, 02:02 PM
Pro Rider

Some of you guys are so retarted. Mixing gas is hard? Wow people that think that must were velcro shoes. How hard is it to put 4 gallons of gas in a can a add 1 container of 16oz oil and shake. Big F'n deal. 2 strokes are more fun hands down. When modded there way faster. I have owned a 2 and 4 stroke quad and there is no more maintenance on either. QUIT MAKING UP CRAP.

Old 12-12-2004, 03:33 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: sweetquads
Originally posted by: 2004LEBANSHEE
Some of you guys are so retarted. Mixing gas is hard? Wow people that think that must were velcro shoes.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] too funny!
lmao, now thats some finny ****!

Old 12-13-2004, 04:42 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've owned both. The Raptor is my favorite. It's easy to putt on and it's fast enough to make you grin. The Banshee is front heavy. It's a handful in the whoops because you have to lean back so far, or else you'll get the dreaded Banshee side swap. If you get into slow and rough terrain, the Banshee doesn't have very much low end and that makes it hard to ride. When the powerband hits, the rear tires just spin. It's a good quad for sand hill shooting, and when modified it's good for desert racing. For all around use the Raptor kills it though. You can lug the Raptor if you want or you can rev it out. There's no big sudden surge in power like the 2-strokes have, and that means there's no surprises either. The Raptor is wayy easier to wheelie. It hooks up way better too.

If you're into just normal play riding like most people, you'll be better off with the 4 stroke. 2 strokes don't require all the maintenance that a lot of people here say they do. If people say that, they've never owned one or didn't put oil in the fuel. I never fouled a single plug on my Banshee. It wasn't stock either.

FWIW - four of my friends and I all had Banshees at one time. Now, there's only one left. There's three Raptors and one lone YFZ450. Actually, I'm surprised you don't want a 450. They're pretty nice...

Old 12-13-2004, 05:01 PM
Pro Rider

I think you should ask yourself, I am I a 2 stroke or 4 stroke man?

If you love two strokes and ride dunes, then the Banshee will be a sweet quad for you. That fast reving, cool sounding engine is awesome. I have friends that are on their 3rd season of hard racing up comp hill on a well tuned and well maintained Banshee with no problems to date. You may want to go 4 stroke if you ride trails.

If you love 4-strokes, then the Raptor or YFZ 450 is the way to go depending on if you ride trails or dunes. My 02 raptor has been ridden very hard and has been reliable, but it is also well maintained. I rode with my Buddys raptor hour for hour, he ran his into oblivian. But he did not maintain it.

I think the 450 is probably the best quad made to date, though not quite as comfortable as the raptor.

So, if you maintain them, you won't have problems with what ever you buy.

IMO

Quick Reply: I need help on a decisioin.. Do i want a raptor or a banshee??