Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Got my raptor today, My raptor broke down today!

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2000, 09:11 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Polaris might be numer three behind Yamaha and Honda, BUT in a few years they will drop low on the list.

Old 09-10-2000, 11:19 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have to agree with predator, you shouldn't be dissing any quad's reliability when you're riding a Polaris. Even the company acknowledged they had problems and began working hard on quality a couple of years ago. They have come a long way but they are nowhere near the quality level of Yamaha and Honda.

And for the Honda riders bashing Yamaha, let us not forget (most probably don't know because it was kept as quite as possible) that the mighty new rubicon was recalled because that fancy new auto tranny was messing up. So far, I've seen posts from a lot of new Raptor owners and only one has had a problem. For a new product, that's not too bad (probably poor assembly by the dealer).

Personnally I have owned both Yamaha and Honda and I believe they are on the same level when it comes to quality. But performance, there is no question. Yamaha builds the best.

Raised the bar with the R1 (that new CBR929 wouldn't even be around if Yamaha hadn't raised the bar and the pros all say the Yamaha is still just slightly better). Fastest sport quad, Banshee up until the raptor. Biggest badest utility quad, the Grizzly. Bigest badest V twin cruiser, Roadstar. Badest, fastest lightest four stroke dirt bikes, YZ426, WR426, YZ250F.......................

Old 09-11-2000, 12:39 AM
Pro Rider

First, I disagree with the Polaris guy coming in and adding something totally irrelevant to the topic.

Second, what do you mean Polaris is 3rd behind Honda and Yamaha? You don't mean in sales do you? Because Polaris is second and closing right behind Honda. Yamamha is third. Also Polaris was #1 in sales in 1998.

Now, let me get out of here before I ruin the original topic even further.

Old 09-11-2000, 12:57 AM
Range Rover

Stans,

Could not have said it better myself!

Old 09-11-2000, 03:04 AM
Range Rover

Your laying the smack down with facts...!!! Let the truth be told...!!!

Truthfully,
j/t

Old 09-11-2000, 03:13 AM
Pro Rider

Can we stop for a minute and help this guy out, you people are rambling and he has a $7000 quad he cant ride. My very own raptor appeared to do the same thing but it WAS the gas, the dealer put just enough for it not to be on reserve and By the time I rode it in the lot It was cutting and losing power, we put it on reserve and It was fine. I filled it up and didnt experience anything until about 3 hours later I had to go to reserve. The only other similar experience I could muster out of it is starting it with the parking brake on the sensor cuts it hard. Before any more adjusting is made, I would have them adjust the parking brake looser and make sure you have a full tank of gas out of a pump, not some can lying around the shop for days on end. Just like any quad have them take an air hose and blow out the carb vents and fuel line. Also check the ventline to the gas cap it has to be kink free to keep 2 big carbs full. Also check the spark plug to see if it is fouled or burnt to a crisp or anything unusual. You also may have knocked the plug boot loose. It could be tons of things but to me it sounds like its carburetor related

Old 09-11-2000, 04:28 PM
Pro Rider

Where did you order your sprocket from? I need one BAD!

Old 09-11-2000, 11:19 PM
Pro Rider

YIKES!!! I am so sorry to hear that you are having problems. I sincerely hope that the dealer gets it straightened out for you.

I live 271 miles from the dealer that I purchased my Raptor from. I hope to God that I get a good one. (And that the local Yamaha dealers will service mine.....I hate the thought of driving 271 miles one way to get my valves adjusted.....)

Good luck, and don't fret, I'm sure they'll fix it up for ya in short order.

Old 09-12-2000, 12:14 AM
Pro Rider

hey scramdady
don`t bash other quads because of the problems YOU had with you`r quad how do we know you didn`t abuse the quad