Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Best Choice?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2004, 11:55 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Choice?

I am 17 years old and i love to ride ATV'S. The problem is i do not have one. I plan on buying one but i have a problem? I am stuck between buyin a raptor or a 450. I know they are both good bikes but i need to know how they stack up against each other and they competetion. I want to make a good choice. Could someone help me.

Old 12-22-2004, 01:11 AM
Range Rover
Default Best Choice?

aight man first off the yfz is top of its class. it can definately keep up and even SOMETIMES beat the raptor. It has great stock suspension, the engine is right near perfect but the price is obviously a little cheap.But i didnt mind it because it is the fastest production quad ever made. Plus i didnt have to pay full price. The raptor is a brute. the torque is pretty amazing. its definately fast, and beats most of the competitiion i think. Now all this crap about the raptor being to tippy is so much bs. People need to stop being such ******. also some might say the yfz has a a hard seat. But seriously if they whine about that even though its not hard they shouldn't be riding an atv. probably a pink bike or a dress would suit them better. Now as far as wood riding goes they both are bad a**. Obviously the raptor has reverse which is good i guess, but the yfz is only 350 pounds and trust me i always am at browns camp and the trask area which is woods riding heaven and my 05 yfz le is pretty awesome. Now if you get a yfz brand new dont hesitate to try to get the limited edition. its black and yellow and the black decals have a carbon fiber look to them. its tight. you cant tell from the pics online. The raptors ergos are definately less balanced than the yfz but its not to bad. Take the yfz but thats pretty much a biased opinion. seriously though its wicked. LOL Im tryin to bring the word wicked back too.

Old 12-22-2004, 02:23 AM
Trailblazer
Default Best Choice?

go to maine...they still use the word wicked there all the time

Old 12-22-2004, 02:55 PM
Pro Rider
Default Best Choice?

i would say yfz if your more into sport or racing kind of riding and raptor if you want to have an easy maintenance quad.. raptor has reverse which is cool yfz is lighter than the rap by i think 50 lbs..

Old 12-22-2004, 03:04 PM
Pro Rider
To ATV Thieves: "Hope you guys flip and die douches!"
Default Best Choice?

It's all in your riding habits, you like to mx, jump, quicker acceleration, the YFZ is best, want a all around quad, with reverse the raptor is your choice. Either one will make you more than happy.

Old 12-26-2004, 06:27 PM
Pro Rider
Default Best Choice?

I own a Raptor but, drool everytime I take a look at a YFZ. When I bought my Raptor, 2 things drew me to it. First and foremost, I needed reverse. I have no delusions of racing so, I needed the more "trail-friendly" machine. Second, the Raptor has gobs and gobs of torque. That works for me because I am not what you would call slender. If/when they put reverse on that machine, I may be looking to sell the Rappy.