Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

How many people are STILL waiting for their Raptor?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2000, 11:38 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am starting this post to find out how many people have a Raptor on order, where from,color, when you been told it should arive and are you satisfied with the dealer.
I have one on order from Bob Shultz,not to far from St. Louis, oredered a blue one and they said it could be 30-60 day. I am not pleased with my salesman at all. I went in a filled out a credit check and deposit and all that and they said that I would be in the first shipment and they would be getting like 6. That was early July. I here nothing else from the dealer. It is Sept and I here people talking about theres came in so I called the dealer to find out about the loan and he said that he knows he called me about it blah blah.
I hope it comes in soon. Does anyone know when dealers are getting in there next batch of Raptors?

Old 09-10-2000, 11:55 PM
Range Rover

I am still waiting..... Oregon has not recieved there intial shipments yet. I was told that they were shipping to Oregon the first week of sept ( last week ) and that once they shipped it would be 7-10 days to get to the dealer. Other than about 4 unreturned phone calls I am happy with my dealer. I was just trying to confirm when they shipped so that I can get a idea when they will get here. I am just gonna call yamaha myself in the morning. I am really hoping that it will be here next week. I told my boss that as soon as the call comes in that I am leaving and taking the rest of the week off!! I wanted a black/white one but my dealer is only getting blue in, which is ok, there starting to grow on me I am first on the list so hopefully next week!!

Old 09-11-2000, 12:15 AM
Range Rover

I ordered mine in july also. My dealer is Alex Power Sports in Erie , PA. They are yet to recieve there first one. They seem to be arriving all around me, except at my dealer!
I am going to try and call Yamaha myself also.
What # are you going to call? I am going to start with the customer service # from there Web site.
I wanted a B/W one at first too, but I will take what ever I can get, the blue is growing on me anyways.
Please now a moment of silence while I say a short prayer to the delivery Gods.
See Ya Drew

Old 09-11-2000, 12:27 AM
Trailblazer

I am!

SE Washington (Kennewick) at Yamaha Country
Either color Raptor - I get the first one
Ordered June 9, 2000, $100 Deposit
Paying list + setup
Dealer said he would call me the day he finds out it is headed to him (less than 1 week).

On this item, the dealer has been very very cool. With my old YZ250, I had my doubts - but that was based on service work. I think the owner is cool, but his mechanics won't be touching my Raptor after it goes home...

I am dying....if the dealer doesn't call tomorrow, I will have to go to Japan and assemble it myself.

Old 09-11-2000, 12:29 AM
Range Rover

LOL I have been silent since they started showing up elsewhere ( holding my breath )

A guy in another topic said that he found out that info from the 1800 # on the yamaha site.... 3rd option if I remeber right.... None have hit the west coast yet.. .I can't imagine what it would be like to have them all around, except at my dealer! I would go crazy

Old 09-11-2000, 01:09 AM
Range Rover

I have a question. Why is Yamaha manufacturing in such small quantities starting out? I can understand the hesitation from bombadier, but not yamaha.

Thanks,

Jason

Old 09-11-2000, 01:51 AM
Pro Rider

Yeah, I'm still waiting.(and waiting, and waiting)You know what? The wait wouldn't be so damn bad if I wasn't hearing the rest of you lucky guys bragging about how much you love yours!!! This is starting to suck really bad. Anyway, keep all of the reviews coming...If I'm going to suffer, I might as well do a great job of it.

Old 09-11-2000, 02:03 AM
Trailblazer

I have 2 on order from a Yamaha Dealer here in SoCAL. They have no clue when they are coming in, and I have asked dealers from all over the Southern CA to find a feasible date. Some say November some have said Sept, but most have said October. When in Oct? I dont know

As soon as I get them I am heading out to Glamis!

Old 09-11-2000, 03:17 AM
Weekend Warrior

I am unfortunately still waiting for my Raptor also.....out here in Denver, CO. The worst part is my dealership is totally clueless. Not only do they have no idea when it is coming in they don't even know where I am on the waiting list! I called several times and the best I was told was "Dude you put your deposit down way early so you should be getting one of the first ones.". That is great news if it holds true but with these morons I have no idea.

I am obviously totally desperate so in my free time at work the other day I called several dealers in neighboring states and found that almost all have had their raptors for at least a few days. Meanwhile no one here has one or has a clue as to when any are coming in. So on I wait and pray that it comes in soon. I know they are getting them in Cheyenne, WY (about an hour away)on Wednesday so hopefully we will be right behind them. I can't wait to get this bike and get as far away from the dealer as possible. I am an ex-banshee rider who is itching to hit the trails in the Rockies.

Frank
still waiting for Blue Raptor

Old 09-11-2000, 03:27 AM
Trailblazer

I'm still waiting for mine but I'm in the Army stationed in Korea so I won't be able to pick mine up until I get home in December. My dealer said that mine is going to be coming in on the November shippment.

2001 Raptor
2000 400EX

Quick Reply: How many people are STILL waiting for their Raptor?