Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

just got pulled over by a cop

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2004, 01:46 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just got pulled over by a cop

i just finished tuning my blaster and i went to take it on a little ride threw the neighborhood. i was out for about 5 min and i was coming back and about to pull into my driveway when a county cop in a suburban pulled me over... lights sirens and all right infront of my driveway... he askes me what my name was and how old i am and where i live . i told him my name is jeff and im 17 and i pointed to my house. he goes you knwo thats not street leagal right and i said ya but since it just snowed theres nobody on the road so i thought if i just rode around my house that it would be ok. he goes its not street leagal so it should not be on the road. i said ok im sorry i wont ride it anymore. hes like thats a blaster right and i said ya and he goes u got exhaust on it to dont you and im like ya it does. he asked what els was done to it and i told him about it and my other bikes and then he goes guess what... and im like what... he goes i got a raptor 660 with full pipe, jetted, air filter works shocks and 2 inch extend rear axle and swingarms. then hes like since its a yamaha ill let you go but dont take to much advantage of that cause other officers wont be this nice. i was said thank you and started it up and then he said if you were wondering im gona be the only cop in this area untill 5 tonight and ill tell the person with hte next shift to overlook your riding and he said here and he handed me a pice of paper with his phone # on it and goes give me a call next time you go riding.... how crazy is that!

Old 12-27-2004, 01:56 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

LOL!!! man that is totally crazy

Old 12-27-2004, 02:00 PM
Pro Rider

Thats insane! your so lucky. Cops around here arent that nice! Good thing you got a Yamaha [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] lol

Old 12-27-2004, 02:19 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

thats cool!!!

Old 12-27-2004, 03:39 PM
Pro Rider

u should call him up and ask him to shut down a street for u and him to go ridin on when it snows again

Old 12-27-2004, 03:49 PM
Pro Rider

See thats a cool cop, knows your not out causing havoc and he lets you go and TELLS you you can ride until 5, thats sweet.

Old 12-27-2004, 04:07 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Sounds like a pretty good guy. But don't abuse the fact that he let you go. There aren't many people that nice.

Old 12-27-2004, 05:25 PM
Pro Rider

sounds like something i told people for riding on the streets. I never write people tickets for that. I enjoy chasing them though. But if i get lucky enoughf to catch them i just warn them to get a faster bike. allot of the cops feal the same i do. allot of the cops even ride atv's just like everyone else does on the streets. they just try not to get caught and never stop for other cops. i can't speak for all,, cops just the ones around st. francois co. mo.
this don't make it legal and it's still wrong, but we have bigger problems to worry about than people on atv's..... when we upset is when atv's are causing property damage.

04 raptor lots of mods

Old 12-27-2004, 05:29 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

does sliding and hitting a pile of snow sideways and flipping int osomeones yard considered property damage??

Old 12-27-2004, 05:34 PM
Pro Rider

^^^^ naa, y in the world would that be property damagae??

Quick Reply: just got pulled over by a cop