Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

what bull!!!! this mother is trying to pull!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2004, 01:10 AM
Pro Rider
To ATV Thieves: "Hope you guys flip and die douches!"
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what bullsh!t this mother is triing to pull!!!!!

Tell him you want 9k for it and see what he tells you?

Old 12-29-2004, 01:52 AM
Pro Rider
Runs a DS870 that will flat out Shit and Git!

You tell him 9k and he will say ok and sent you a 12k certified check and ask you to return him the 3k. So the Dr gets your ATV and 3k of your money and you get a bad check. This scam is ripping people off everywhere. I was at my bank today and saw a sign warning people about this scam.

Old 12-29-2004, 09:10 AM
Weekend Warrior

Yes, do not do it. My friend was selling a car on e-bay and all he wanted was $500 for it. This guy bided $4,000 for it and sent him a check for like $5,000 and something stating he wanted I think like $1500 back. When he got the check my friend asked the bank and they said it was fraud and then he showed it to the cops and they to said it was a fraud and that this is happening all the time to people and to be very cautious when dealing with EBay.

Old 12-29-2004, 10:13 AM
Pro Rider

i can't believe how low people are these days!

Old 12-29-2004, 10:22 AM
Pro Rider

wow at least im not alone!

Hello,
My name is Dr McGuary and i am a vet doctor based in U.K .I saw your ad which you placed for sale and personally very interested in buying your 2002 suzuki vinson 4x4.Will appreciate it if you email me back with details like if you still have it for sale,present condition,lowest selling price and also some pictures too.Thank you and hope to hear from you soon.Happy holidays.
Regards,
Dr McGuary.

wow, have had similar things happen about 4 times, now, dont these people get its NOT for sale!! and never will be. shees.

Old 12-29-2004, 10:29 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Athens Archery Field Staff
Best lunch hour ever!

I have a question. What would happen if you agreed to sell it verbally? Then when they send the check, cash that **** and keep all the money plus the quad. These guys want to pull some sort of scam, scam em back.

Old 12-29-2004, 10:59 AM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The bank will call you wanting the money back, I had got written a bad check before and that is what happened to me.

Old 12-29-2004, 11:11 AM
Range Rover

I agree its fake and just to let you know I read an article about people selling stuffand this happening especially on ebay and its usually a foreign country.

EVERYONE SELLING STUFF BEWARE! People are sending out certified checks, or bank checks or cashier checks whatever you want to call it, for the price and you get the check think its cool and go deposit on the way to the ups store to ship your stuff. THe bank runs a quick check on it and puts the amount in your account you think your paid and ship it yadda yadda yadda 1 week later the bank calls to tell you that the check you thought couldn't bounce just did and you already shipped it to them! Evidently this is happening alot, infact one of the guys my husband works with got scammed not to long ago same way. Only way to prevent this is to allow the check to completely clear before sending it about 2 weeks

Old 12-29-2004, 11:13 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: MrDumass
I have a question. What would happen if you agreed to sell it verbally? Then when they send the check, cash that **** and keep all the money plus the quad. These guys want to pull some sort of scam, scam em back.

Guys, this scam has been going on for quite a while now! What happens is the person sends you a fake cashiers check for more money than what you were expecting to get. So they then ask for you to send back that difference. For example, you are wanting to sell a quad for $5K. The person ends up sending you a fake cashiers check for $6K and informs you he made a mistake and wants you to immediately send him the $1K back. If you send him that $1K back before your bank realizes the cashiers check is a fake, you're out the $1K!!

Old 12-29-2004, 12:38 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Athens Archery Field Staff
Best lunch hour ever!

Originally posted by: motox26
The bank will call you wanting the money back, I had got written a bad check before and that is what happened to me.
Once you have the money, what can the bank do? It seems that they should go after the one who wrote the bad check.

Quick Reply: what bull!!!! this mother is trying to pull!!!!!