Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

what bull!!!! this mother is trying to pull!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2004, 12:41 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what bullsh!t this mother is triing to pull!!!!!

Over a certain dollar amount a bank will not give you the funds until they verify the cashiers check is valid.

Old 12-29-2004, 12:54 PM
Pro Rider

When you're the seller, you're in the driver's seat. Sell him the quad. Don't ship it until you have SECURED FUNDS in your account. Very simple. Scams work on people who allow it. Learn how to spell and scammers might not pick your ads.

Old 12-29-2004, 01:03 PM
Elite Pro Rider

hahaha i got one of those two for my quad i was selling. it was exactly the same as what urs said. its just a scammer. ignore it. u will probably get a few if u advertise online. just think some eople actually fall for them.

Old 12-29-2004, 02:23 PM
Pro Rider

I had a scammer wanting to "buy" my DS. I got sick of the crap and pulled the ad. If he is in the U.K., he can buy a new quad over there cheaper than he can buy your used machine and ship it over there.

Old 12-29-2004, 02:39 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: MrDumass
Originally posted by: motox26
The bank will call you wanting the money back, I had got written a bad check before and that is what happened to me.
Once you have the money, what can the bank do? It seems that they should go after the one who wrote the bad check.
Thats nice and all, but the bank wont give you the money if they arent going to get it. Ever deposit someone else's check and have it bounce? The bank promptly removes the funds from your account balance, and if you have already spent those funds you get hit with an overdraft fee and have to make up the money you spent.

Old 12-29-2004, 02:44 PM
Range Rover

they do but they come after you too for cashing a bad check trust me I've had it happen to me ( ihave a small buisness)

Old 12-29-2004, 02:48 PM
Pro Rider

You can tell its a scram right off the bat. How many people do you have contact you about purchasing somthing and have them sign their name "Dr" whatever.
If they were at all serious they would give a full name.

Old 12-29-2004, 03:55 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: MrDumass
Originally posted by: motox26
The bank will call you wanting the money back, I had got written a bad check before and that is what happened to me.
Once you have the money, what can the bank do? It seems that they should go after the one who wrote the bad check.
The bank will tell you that when you deposit a check you are assuming full responsibility for it. It is up to the person making the deposit to know if it will clear or not. Think about it......... if the bank did not have this policy then they would be scammed out of business quickly.

Old 12-29-2004, 07:39 PM
Pro Rider

i was selling my guitar amp online for 40 bucks. the guy was from canada. then i get a 1500 dollar cashiers check in the mail and the guy says he made a mistake and sent me then wrong check, then when i go to the bank to cash it, they told me its a fake becuase it didnt have the number imprinted in or somthing like that. he tried to scam me out of about 1450 bucks......... now i only do deals within the US

Old 12-29-2004, 08:09 PM
Pro Rider

I've had 2 people do the same with the '85 Roadster I have for sale in the past few weeks. They're "out of the country" but will have a friend pick it up, give them the difference, yada yada yada.
If anyone emails, I tell them the price, tell them I will not accept a check for anything over that amount, and would prefer cash....funny how they never reply after that.....
The same scam has a new line too, they'll say a deal fell through on another quad/bike/car and that's why they have the check for an amount higher than what you're asking.
Avoid these emails like the plague!

Quick Reply: what bull!!!! this mother is trying to pull!!!!!