Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

What is the trick to pulling long wheelies???

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2004, 06:23 PM
Pro Rider
To ATV Thieves: "Hope you guys flip and die douches!"
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is the trick to pulling long wheelies???

It takes practice, a matter of scrapping your back, and sometimes even worse.

Old 01-01-2005, 04:21 PM
Trailblazer

Me and my brothers love wheelies but their a hole lot better like switching in gears but i can pull a no foot wheelie but not like a really far distance only through 2'd gear and gun-n it when it goes a lil down but i fell alot of times today lol. With my Christmas money i went and bought the protective armor suit and it helps alot you should get some. At my yamaha shop their 52 bucks with tax. and i think thats pretty good. but thanks and catch ya l8a

Cocoa

Old 01-01-2005, 07:35 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

Originally posted by: Cocoa
Me and my brothers love wheelies but their a hole lot better like switching in gears but i can pull a no foot wheelie but not like a really far distance only through 2'd gear and gun-n it when it goes a lil down but i fell alot of times today lol. With my Christmas money i went and bought the protective armor suit and it helps alot you should get some. At my yamaha shop their 52 bucks with tax. and i think thats pretty good. but thanks and catch ya l8a

Cocoa
dude are you 8?

Old 01-01-2005, 08:56 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: fastblaster00
i just got them down prtty good today. i started of sitting really far back on the seat adn i could ride fora fairly good distance but i have better luck with sitting between 1/2 way and 3/4 of the way back on the seet and dumping the clutch in 2nd, while rolling a lil bit. first pracktice by standing on the grab bar with one or 2 feet. just mess around iwthit and ull fine whats best for you. wear a helmet and a jacket so if u fall u wont get hurt.... the less you worry about fallin off the better ull do. good luck and i hope this helps
i agree if you are talking about your blaster. thats the way that works the best for me too. ive just started to get the hang of wheelies also. i have also found that it is easier if you are smooth with the throttle. if u get to top rpms too early you wont be able to get back on the throttle b4 your back on all 4 wheels. unless you can shift while wheeling. i havent been able to do it and keep it up yet. PRACTICE is the main key to good wheelies. ive had my blaster for a year as of today (first quad) and i havent been able to wheelie that great until now. part of it being that i was afraid to after bending my rear grab bar doing a wheelie up a hill. i dont recomend that but its nice to have a slight incline or short uphill to help get your front end up. i have found that the major thing for me was getting to the balancing point. from there its all throttle and brake control. you will end up getting dumped whilelearning but hey, we all have fallen off at some point. anyways, sorry for the long post and good luck. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-01-2005, 09:22 PM
Pro Rider

i cant wheelie for my life... i get the front end up but then i get this really scary feelin in my head and i stop. i like standing on the a-arms and burning out though [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-01-2005, 10:02 PM
Trailblazer

It's all in finding the balance point witch is real close to going all the way over. If you have sand or soft dirt to practice in just go all the way, once you see that it does not hurt you will be less intimidated to go to the balance point. Once you reach the balance point it just takes a little fine work with the throttle to keep it there. On my 400ex I start in 3rd gear at a low rpm and gun it while pulling hard. Once it gets up I just lightly tap the throttle to keep it there and can go for a mile or more. Usually run out of room before it comes down.

Old 01-02-2005, 02:45 AM
Pro Rider

does ne one know bout a polaris sport, its a little heavier and a auto!!!!! is it really hard on the machine to do wheelies and stuff, and what does it all like....wreck on the quad?

Old 01-02-2005, 09:01 PM
Range Rover

i used to have the 250 sport and i thought it sucked so it took it back i couldnt barly get it to wheelie lol??

Old 01-02-2005, 09:11 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Ricke
does ne one know bout a polaris sport, its a little heavier and a auto!!!!! is it really hard on the machine to do wheelies and stuff, and what does it all like....wreck on the quad?

you wont hurt anything doing the wheelie. alltho you could hurt it by trying to get it to wheelie or crashing while wheeling. most automatics arent that easy to wheelie from what ive heard. doing a wheelie wont damage the quad... unless you are talking a mini. like if you weigh 250 and try to wheelie a 80 you may end up with bent rims or mess up the rear end. but wheeling a sport quad wont hurt it.

Old 01-02-2005, 11:43 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: Speedy2222
Originally posted by: Cocoa

Cocoa
dude are you 8?
lol screw you and your lil choped and served worrior. Lol you lil redneck motha LMAO duck taping your headlight OH!!! AND DONT FORGET ALL THE LIL ZIP TIES!! LOL dude mines a 89 and in way better condition and it cant be becouse your riding it more cuz your always posting messages on the net I ride mine about 24/7 i dont stay on the net you lil biotch thanks
Cocoa LMAO REDNECK

Quick Reply: What is the trick to pulling long wheelies???