Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

atv accident

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2005, 09:45 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default atv accident

also not saying ALL accidents are funny because alot of experienced riders wreck all the time, but in this case this was a big LMFAO!!! she left the next and was on a mini, she probobaly did it so she could try and sue somebody

Old 01-02-2005, 09:47 PM
Pro Rider
Default atv accident

by the way,again, i wrecked today and think i broke my a** bone, i went up a straight up 5 ft bump and landed vertical and busted my azz on my eiger

Old 01-03-2005, 12:18 AM
Pro Rider
Default atv accident

i am trying to get my butt to stop swelling so bad lol

Old 01-03-2005, 12:48 AM
Pro Rider
Default atv accident

I have a MaxFine 100 ATV for my 6 year old. It is made in China by QJ. Full suspension, electric start, headlights, tailights, break lights, 2 stroke. It runs pretty strong. I cruise it around the neighborhood. Paid $820 new on ebay.

But, those goofy chinese people deigned the front steering geometry wrong. They gave the front end a +7 degree caster angle instead of a -7 degree caster angle. It causes the handlebars to lock hard to one side after starting a turn. My kid flipped it on his first ride. (He had all the gear on and was not hurt)

After he flipped it I checked everything out on it and found this error. I called the dealer. They sent me new A arms but it was the same. They were stupid. I ended up twisting and bending the arms backward to fix the problem. It drives OK now. It probably has about a -1 degree caster.

This would be and open and closed lawsuit if that lady were to sue. She wouldn't have to work again.

Old 01-03-2005, 12:49 AM
Pro Rider
Default atv accident

don49, do u mind me asking what exactly happened in that accident? i know i'm very lucky myself after my accident this summer, i'd be in a box right now if i didn't have my helmet on

Old 01-03-2005, 12:55 AM
Pro Rider
Default atv accident

wut happened to u lillnoys???

Old 01-03-2005, 02:31 AM
Trailblazer
Default atv accident

My son Drew was riding inside an abandoned stone quarry, which is pretty overgrown with brush & has many "blind" steep drop offs. Since it was his first time there, he didn't know the trails & missed a turn . This spot looks like a place where you can ride down over a grassy hill to the pit below. from even 5' away you can't see there is a drop off of 40'. Drew was wearing my carbon helmet , riding pants & boots, but all that couldn't change the way he hit a large rock about 10' from the top, breaking his neck & killing him instantly. He never had any chance to react, because it just can't be seen. At seat height or standing even a few feet from the edge you can't see the drop. Drew made a couple mistakes that day, he was alone & riding in a place he didn't know. No excess speed, drugs, drinking or showing off for anyone just a 16 year old kid doing what he loved most & comming upon that drop from the wrong direction . If he had come up a trail going the opposite way he would have seen the drop. Drew was a very talented rider & had he seen , he could have made the turn he missed. Drew was my "right arm", & it's been really terrible for our family. Drew's luck ran out on June 19th 2001 , & it changed the way I look at & live life. The hurt never goes away & I guess it never will till I'm laid to rest. But I try to keep thngs as normal as possible under impossible circumstances. I understand how it happened, but I'll never know why. So now I ride & try to impress on others that there are no guarantees in life & to take anything more than calculated risks WITH the proper equipment is something that any of us might regret, if we're lucky. We all go out there to have fun & push our limits, & we assume it'll never happen to us, but it can.

To you in particular 7QuadSport7,

You are probably the first person I've run into who just doesn't get the point, good luck. Because unless you're blowing smoke trying to be tough or in the worse case maybe your attitude can't be changed I'm affraid you might fall victum to your "cockyness" & that is truely sad.

Old 01-03-2005, 02:37 AM
Pro Rider
To ATV Thieves: "Hope you guys flip and die douches!"
Default atv accident

Originally posted by: Don49
My son Drew was riding inside an abandoned stone quarry, which is pretty overgrown with brush & has many "blind" steep drop offs. Since it was his first time there, he didn't know the trails & missed a turn . This spot looks like a place where you can ride down over a grassy hill to the pit below. from even 5' away you can't see there is a drop off of 40'. Drew was wearing my carbon helmet , riding pants & boots, but all that couldn't change the way he hit a large rock about 10' from the top, breaking his neck & killing him instantly. He never had any chance to react, because it just can't be seen. At seat height or standing even a few feet from the edge you can't see the drop. Drew made a couple mistakes that day, he was alone & riding in a place he didn't know. No excess speed, drugs, drinking or showing off for anyone just a 16 year old kid doing what he loved most & comming upon that drop from the wrong direction . If he had come up a trail going the opposite way he would have seen the drop. Drew was a very talented rider & had he seen , he could have made the turn he missed. Drew was my "right arm", & it's been really terrible for our family. Drew's luck ran out on June 19th 2001 , & it changed the way I look at & live life. The hurt never goes away & I guess it never will till I'm laid to rest. But I try to keep thngs as normal as possible under impossible circumstances. I understand how it happened, but I'll never know why. So now I ride & try to impress on others that there are no guarantees in life & to take anything more than calculated risks WITH the proper equipment is something that any of us might regret, if we're lucky. We all go out there to have fun & push our limits, & we assume it'll never happen to us, but it can.

To you in particular 7QuadSport7,

You are probably the first person I've run into who just doesn't get the point, good luck. Because unless you're blowing smoke trying to be tough or in the worse case maybe your attitude can't be changed I'm affraid you might fall victum to your "cockyness" & that is truely sad.

Sorry to hear that.

Old 01-03-2005, 10:07 AM
Pro Rider
Default atv accident

Don49,

If that doesn't leave a profound affect on someone then something is wrong with them. That last post of yours should be read, understood and felt by everyone on these forums.

Old 01-03-2005, 10:01 PM
Pro Rider
Default atv accident

Don 49 ,Im a father of 3 2 boys and 1 girl.I cant fathom what your family has been
through.

You are one helluva guy trying to help others stay safe.

Thankyou

Quick Reply: atv accident