Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

VICODIN!!!!????

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2005, 01:22 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VICODIN!!!!????

Originally posted by: VelociRaptor350
Raptorowner, my cousin married a guy that works for pfizer, i got cases of celebrex, want some? They mess up your heart from the latest reports.
That could be my problem from heart palpatations but its a miracle drug and works great agains pain!!

Sure I will take all that you can get me [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

No, J/K - I am going wait and see if they take it off the shelf then I will quit taking it and get on the band wagon with the doctors that sue them for the heart problems they discover....... LOL!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-11-2005, 01:32 AM
Pro Rider
Default VICODIN!!!!????

i would stop taking it right away, pfizer hasn't released a report of their own yet, they are doing studies or whatever now, but the independent report links it to heart problems. I still have 2 cases, maybe when it gets banned i can sell them black market [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-11-2005, 01:36 AM
Pro Rider
Default VICODIN!!!!????

Vicodin (regular strength) is 5mg of Hydrocodone (a morphine derivative), and 500mg of acetaminophen (Tylenol).

No this should NEVER be taken when doing anything dangerous!
The most common side effect of Vicodin is dizziness, drowsiness, and stomach upset.

I am not aware of it causing blood pressure to drop, but it IS a CNS depressant. When mixed with Alcohol, it can cause respiratory failure (people stop breathing).

Yes it is an opiod derivative, and as such has addictive properties, however, we were taught that actually less than 1% of the population will become addicted to it after using it.

Hope this helps answer your question.

Old 01-11-2005, 01:39 AM
Pro Rider
Default VICODIN!!!!????

i would stop taking it right away, pfizer hasn't released a report of their own yet, they are doing studies or whatever now, but the independent report links it to heart problems. I still have 2 cases, maybe when it gets banned i can sell them black market [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
When it gets banned no-one will want it.
Who would want to buy a drug that has the propensity to cause heart attacks?

Its (Celebrex) mechanism of action is the same as all the other ***-II inhibitors.
Basically, it inhibits one pathway in the body extremely well, but has no opposition to the other (which can lead to clotting, heart attacks and stroke).

Old 01-11-2005, 01:41 AM
Pro Rider
Default VICODIN!!!!????

I was joking

Old 01-11-2005, 01:42 AM
Pro Rider
Default VICODIN!!!!????

I was joking
Oh, sorry![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-11-2005, 01:44 AM
Pro Rider
Default VICODIN!!!!????

Its all good, you were on a roll with the explanation so i could see how you jumped the gun with my little remark, you want some celebrex? i got it real cheap

Old 01-11-2005, 01:45 AM
Pro Rider
Default VICODIN!!!!????

Its all good, you were on a roll with the explanation so i could see how you jumped the gun with my little remark, you want some celebrex? i got it real cheap
LOL!!
How many cases you got??[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-11-2005, 01:47 AM
Pro Rider
Default VICODIN!!!!????

like 3, i kid you not. The guy used to give it to his dog because it had arthritis and it died from heart problems.

Old 01-11-2005, 01:54 AM
Pro Rider
Default VICODIN!!!!????

like 3, i kid you not. The guy used to give it to his dog because it had arthritis and it died from heart problems.
Dang! That sucks!
Thanks, but I'm good. Besides, the *** II inhibitors such as Celebrex don't Kill the pain any better than the regular OTC products like Naproxen, Ibuprofen, Ketoprofen, or acetaminophen. The *** II inhibitors simply protect the tomach better, because they don't inhibit the prostaglandins that protect the stomch like the OTC products do.

For pain relief, the regular OTC stuff has been proven to be just as, if not more effective than Celebrex, Vioxx, ans Bextra, etc.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: VICODIN!!!!????