Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

VICODIN!!!!????

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2005, 02:34 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VICODIN!!!!????

Originally posted by: 2fun
Vicodin (regular strength) is 5mg of Hydrocodone (a morphine derivative), and 500mg of acetaminophen (Tylenol).

I am not aware of it causing blood pressure to drop, but it IS a CNS depressant. When mixed with Alcohol, it can cause respiratory failure (people stop breathing).
The blood pressure drop was a combination of some mild dehydration I was experiencing along with the vessel dilating action of the vicodin (at least that's what they told me in emergency). My pressure was like 90 over 55 or some crazy thing like that when the emt's got to me. All I know is that I was standing up one second saying "Hey somethin's all f'd up here" the next minute I was on my back looking up at people and my face hurt from the wall that broke my fall. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 01-11-2005, 03:54 AM
Pro Rider
Default VICODIN!!!!????

Originally posted by: ShadyRascal
Vicodin (regular strength) is 5mg of Hydrocodone (a morphine derivative), and 500mg of acetaminophen (Tylenol).

I am not aware of it causing blood pressure to drop, but it IS a CNS depressant. When mixed with Alcohol, it can cause respiratory failure (people stop breathing).
The blood pressure drop was a combination of some mild dehydration I was experiencing along with the vessel dilating action of the vicodin (at least that's what they told me in emergency). My pressure was like 90 over 55 or some crazy thing like that when the emt's got to me. All I know is that I was standing up one second saying "Hey somethin's all f'd up here" the next minute I was on my back looking up at people and my face hurt from the wall that broke my fall. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Well, overdoses of morphine-like products can cause the blood pressure to drop, but in the doses given with Vicodin, its usually not a problem. However, add dehydration on top of that, and I guess I could see that happening! Dehydration alone can drop your blood pressure, so I suppose the combo could have definately done you in!

That sucks hitting a wall with your face bro! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
Sorry to hear about that! Funny story though!! LOL!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-11-2005, 11:59 PM
Trailblazer
Default VICODIN!!!!????

tell you guys something....last saturday night i slid off the road and hit a tree with my truck...completely totalled my truck and i'm extremely blessed to be alive...right now i'm loving Vicodin!...that stuff's great....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
pics of my wreck are in my pics in my sig under the album "my truck"....to make a long story short i'm just fine...alot of bruises and some cuts on my hand...whiplash effects and such othe injuries that are commonly associated with a wreck that serious...just do me a favor guys....

BUCKLE UP!!!
It saved my life.

Old 01-12-2005, 12:11 AM
Pro Rider
Default VICODIN!!!!????

DAMN, that sucks, at least your still alive and kicking, that truck on the other hand, R.I.P.

Old 01-12-2005, 02:11 AM
Pro Rider
Default VICODIN!!!!????

Originally posted by: YamahaBlaster200
i heard that takin vicodin before rides or races reduces muscle aches, lol but would'nt it make you crash, i know alot of people that race mx, i thought they were joking at first, but ive seen them pop that big *** white tablet before a race, this cant be good

The part that reduces aches is the tylenol or ibuprophen. So whoever uses vicodin for that is just an addict.

Old 01-12-2005, 05:56 AM
Pro Rider
Default VICODIN!!!!????

Originally posted by: Kracker
Originally posted by: YamahaBlaster200
i heard that takin vicodin before rides or races reduces muscle aches, lol but would'nt it make you crash, i know alot of people that race mx, i thought they were joking at first, but ive seen them pop that big *** white tablet before a race, this cant be good

The part that reduces aches is the tylenol or ibuprophen. So whoever uses vicodin for that is just an addict.

I believe you are correct about the fact that if someone uses it for just riding aches, they are probably addicted, but trust me, the Hydrocodone part of Vicodin is DEFINATELY the biggest factor in killing the pain!! It is a derivative of morphine![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 01-12-2005, 06:28 AM
Pro Rider
Default VICODIN!!!!????

You guys dont need that crap,,,,,,,

Old 01-12-2005, 07:19 AM
Trailblazer
Default VICODIN!!!!????

I was on oxycotin for three years for my back. Now thats some bad sheet, I stoped taking it one time because I thought I didn't need it anymore and next thing I know I am at the ER flipping out from the withdraws. Anyways my DR. told me not to do that anymore, because when you come off of oxy you have to come down slowly. 10mg
every two weeks, and I was up to 90mg's a day. I still had withdraws tore up the house a few times, and scared the sheet out of my wife more then once. ( would not tough my wife out of anger know matter what thats just not me) It was bad really bad. Had to go talk to a shrink twice a week to help me out with the withdraws.

If my DR. put me on that crap again I would throw it away. It's just not worth it I would go through the pain with out it. just take a lot of aleve for the pain. If you can handle the pain with out it then just don't do it

my two cents

grizz[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-12-2005, 09:45 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Default VICODIN!!!!????

Originally posted by: grizz32
I was on oxycotin for three years for my back. Now thats some bad sheet, I stoped taking it one time because I thought I didn't need it anymore and next thing I know I am at the ER flipping out from the withdraws. Anyways my DR. told me not to do that anymore, because when you come off of oxy you have to come down slowly. 10mgevery two weeks, and I was up to 90mg's a day. I still had withdraws tore up the house a few times, and scared the sheet out of my wife more then once. ( would not tough my wife out of anger know matter what thats just not me) It was bad really bad. Had to go talk to a shrink twice a week to help me out with the withdraws. If my DR. put me on that crap again I would throw it away. It's just not worth it I would go through the pain with out it. just take a lot of aleve for the pain. If you can handle the pain with out it then just don't do it my two cents grizz[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Wow man....glad you got off that stuff. That stuff should have never went mainstream.

Old 01-12-2005, 11:41 AM
Pro Rider
Default VICODIN!!!!????

Originally posted by: ShadyRascal

Well, overdoses of morphine-like products can cause the blood pressure to drop, but in the doses given with Vicodin, its usually not a problem. However, add dehydration on top of that, and I guess I could see that happening! Dehydration alone can drop your blood pressure, so I suppose the combo could have definately done you in!

That sucks hitting a wall with your face bro! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
Sorry to hear about that! Funny story though!! LOL!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
It was kinda funny because it was at a local steakhouse, we were having christmas party dinner. I was eating this unbelievable salmon steak then just instantly lost my appetite, felt REAL weird, and just headed for the bathroom. The lights-out part happened in there, cracked my face into the corner by the door. I wake up and this guy's looking down at me like "Dude!" He picks me up and the blood drops and Bing! Out I go again. Then I woke up with 50 people in the bathroom and emt's and all that. So when I walk out of the bathroom finally, this steak house is a big open room, crap everybody in there wondered if there was a heart attack or something. No it's dumb old Shady and I smile and wave. I'm sure they all thought I was drunk and passed out. Took several trips to the chiropracter to fix my neck. Yeah, I'm an exciting date.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: VICODIN!!!!????