Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Helmet Recommendation

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2005, 02:10 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Helmet Recommendation

I believe its the TLD Black (blue?) Rhino. I LOVE THAT HELMET!! It looks so cool [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] ($400 wtf mate?). But i bought a Vega for like 59 at our local dealer. Not bad price imo

Old 01-11-2005, 02:17 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: blindside350
I believe its the TLD Black (blue?) Rhino. I LOVE THAT HELMET!! It looks so cool [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] ($400 wtf mate?). But i bought a Vega for like 59 at our local dealer. Not bad price imo
I've got the vega too. Sweet looking, and inexpensive too! LOL!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-11-2005, 02:20 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 2fun
Originally posted by: blindside350
I've got the vega too. Sweet looking, and inexpensive too! LOL!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
What color did you get? I got Orange and i'm regreting it now....lol, now i have to either switch helmets color (mine might be at the brink of failure... who knows) or buy a KTM lol

Old 01-11-2005, 02:23 AM
Pro Rider

Blue and chrome with flames and a dragon here.
My friend got the black and red. Both pretty cool looking in my opinion.

Old 01-11-2005, 02:36 AM
Pro Rider

I bought a fulmer black, white and chrome at a locla cycleshop and it already saved my ***, the helmet crushed from the weight of the bike flipping onto me but im fine, and i didn't get knocked out. snell and dot approved is a must

Old 01-11-2005, 02:49 AM
Range Rover

I have a KBC helmet. I love it, it is a tad big, but that is my fault for getting an XL, I probably only needed an L. BUt i just wear a beanie under my helmet and all is good. I got mine for a good price at a local dealer, I think it was about $100, and that isn't too bad when comparing to other brands. They have some pretty cool graphics too. Graphics is what catches my attention, then I look for DOT and Snell, if it doesn't have it, I go to the next good looking helmet. Then try it on and see how it fits. It's not rocket science, just go with what looks good, feels comfy, and is appoved. Good Luck.

-Brandon

Old 01-11-2005, 06:15 AM
Range Rover

I have the Oneal 905 flat black..love the helmet. ive also used HJCs which are awesome for the price. The best places to get helmets online are:

HELMETHARBOR.COM

HELMETSHOP.COM

Old 01-11-2005, 08:35 AM
Pro Rider

Just because it is DOT approved doesn’t mean **** really - I see DOT approved cheap helmets with VERY flimsy jaw protection. I like the high end Fox helmets (and no not just because it’s Fox) they really make a good looking, well vented, strong helmet. Do NOT order a helmet online it’s a bad idea go and try them on EVERY helmet company fits a lot dif.

Old 01-11-2005, 10:50 AM
Pro Rider

You don't have to be scared of ordering online as long as you get a guarantee from the company you are buying from. Many gear dealers offer a fit guarantee, that way if you order the wrong size, you simply send it back (at their expense) and they send you a different size.

Don't overlook Fox when looking at equipment. For those who only ride for short periods and take their helmets off a lot, a cheaper helmet will do fine. However, for those who ride like we do, where we may be in full gear for several hours at a time, buying the better quality (and yes usually more expensive) helmets and equipment pays off in comfort. For me, Fox gear just fits better. I don't ride anything else, but you have to decide what fits you best.

Happy Hunting.

~HoundDog

Old 01-11-2005, 04:07 PM
Range Rover

like hound dog said..ordering online is fine. Long as u know your size. what i do is i goto a shop and try on different helmets and then go online and buy the one i like. most of these online places will accept returns or exchanges for the right size. i think most people who order online know what they want and the size they want. this way u can save alot of money.

Quick Reply: Helmet Recommendation