Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Warrior Help Please.........

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2005, 09:48 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warrior Help Please.........

Ok, have a couple of questions.

1. The old Warrior I just got had the front fenders shaved, came with a set of new ones. Got the braces off of eBay and I go to install them. Idiot me can't figure out where the braces bolt up.......can't find a pic in the service manual of this either. Can somebody direct me to a link or a pic that would show this? How about what size/type of bolts are used?

2. Charging system. Do these animals have a system to recharge the battery or not? I'm assuming that it is not like a total loss system on a watercraft..........

Appreciate the help.

ski

Old 01-20-2005, 08:18 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

I've never taken that bracket off. I'm assuming you are talking about the bracket that the back of the fenders attach to. It should mount to the uprights on the frame just in front of the motor. The exhaust headers goes past them. I think that's where it mounts. Have to look when I get home. Anyways, the fenders are held on by umm let met count the screws:

Under the hood there are 4 screws. Probably a 5mm. 10mm Hex head with a washer. Those screw into the frame below and to the front of the bars.
Next are the two large pan head screws that mount to the bracket on the under side of the fender. I think these are also 5mm, with probably a 15mm head. Phillips. And uses a nylon lock nut. I've gotten these from the dealer for about 50 cents a piece. Not sure if anyone carries anything like them.
There are also 4 allen pan head screws that screw into clips on the gas tank.

I'm assuming you have everything BUT the 2 large pan heads (they are the same screws that hold the rear fender to the mud guards.) If I have time I'll snap some pics of everything. My Warrior is a 2003. But shouldn't be much of a difference.

There is a charging system. The core part is a stator on the left side of the motor where the shifter is. The cover most likely is plastic, unless they bolted on an aftermarket billet cover. Should be 2 bundles of wires soming out of there. The stator is 208/120V AC (yes, they are AC) as well as a 12V circuit of some kind, not sure. The AC power goes through a rectifier and converts to 12VDC. Running, this circuit should be about 14VDC. This is connected together to the battery, and to the main key which supplies power to the CDI and lighting circuits. Generically. There are changes to the electrical system over the years. As long at the rectifier is putting out more voltage than the battery has, it will charge the battery.

The Clymer manual tells how to check the circuit. Do you have the Yamaha or Clymer manual? My Clymer (87-03) has full color wiring diagrams at the back. I think there were 4 or 5 different wiring setups over the years.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 01-20-2005, 10:55 PM
Pro Rider

Where did you buy your manual and for how much? Im getting sick of using parts blue print diagrams [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]