Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Open Class Winner video- Turbo raptor

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2005, 03:06 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Open Class Winner video- Turbo raptor

..ok thanks,tho sparks did lose,funny didnt look like he was beat buy that much..id hate to see him turbo his bike next year..

Old 01-27-2005, 03:30 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: claas900
..ok thanks,tho sparks did lose,funny didnt look like he was beat buy that much..id hate to see him turbo his bike next year..

i would like to see that

Old 01-27-2005, 03:35 PM
Pro Rider

i would of liked to see Lyles? (sparks) bike make more than one run. it kicked butt on the first then bite the dust on second. that's racen

Old 01-27-2005, 04:02 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 344PV
i would of liked to see Lyles? (sparks) bike make more than one run. it kicked butt on the first then bite the dust on second. that's racen
yeah no kidding... that was the red engined one right?

Old 01-27-2005, 05:32 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Raptor660Fam
Originally posted by: 344PV
yeah no kidding... that was the red engined one right?
no not that one that one was very nice though. i think it got eliminated or broke also not sure. lyle was working on one all day sat. inside the trailer. it had a ti arm & ti sub frame no plastics
it kicked butt the first run & on the second run they had a little trouble getting it started when they did nobody was staging lyle was jumping around all pissed off i dont think they wanted to turn it off because of the hard starting. when it was staged some more bikes were (maybe) having trouble when everyone staged the bike made about a half run & blew up.

i dont know if it is true but i heard a MPH of the first run at 68. dont know for sure this is what i saw & heard i didnt have our gun on it on that run.
i am suprised nobody has said anything on this bike.

Old 01-27-2005, 07:59 PM
Pro Rider

you can see the bike how fast it is (on another web site you can not mention on here) in the video forum KMS posted the video. it says open class round 1 right after the practice launches of the turbo bike. on the right side you see how hard it was pulling when it let go. maybe raptor660fam can post it.

Old 01-27-2005, 10:55 PM
Range Rover

So if I am reading this right 14mins you are saying I got lucky winning the King of the Hill race. I have news for you keyboard racers it takes alot more than HP to win a race at Glamis. My 440 beats 95% of the built Raptors up the hill and the other 5% don't catch me until almost at the top and I'll guarantee my bike is not any where near the HP of some of these Raptors

Old 01-27-2005, 11:04 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: speeddmn
So if I am reading this right 14mins you are saying I got lucky winning the King of the Hill race. I have news for you keyboard racers it takes alot more than HP to win a race at Glamis. My 440 beats 95% of the built Raptors up the hill and the other 5% don't catch me until almost at the top and I'll guarantee my bike is not any where near the HP of some of these Raptors
you kick butt man no question

Old 01-27-2005, 11:07 PM
Range Rover

Thanks 344pv and by the way just for the record I ran a lot of races with Manny's bike on Sunday and not once did anyone finish in front of me. Not in the prelims or semi-finals or finals. That is not luck.

Old 01-27-2005, 11:24 PM
Pro Rider

did you beat lyles bike before it blew up, i thought he won that one heat not sure if you were in or not. i have not seen it on any vids. he bit the dust his next pass. he was on the inside next to the starter.

Quick Reply: Open Class Winner video- Turbo raptor