Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

KMS Turbo For Raptor

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2005, 04:54 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KMS Turbo For Raptor

I was just wondering if anyone has a KMS Turbo on there raptors and how they like it. Would it be better to go with a turbo instead of the 727 craycraft kit. I also seen that there turbo is clamming 85hp at 6900 rpms. Can anyone please point me in the right direction to go so I dont make the wrong move with my income tax return.

They also have some pics and specs on there site if you look arround.

KMS TURBO

Old 01-25-2005, 05:36 PM
Pro Rider

Theres a good video that wshrskin is hosting from FSW of one of their turbo raptors. I hear they are pritty good systems, only thing i dont like is where the intake is setup at

Old 01-25-2005, 05:42 PM
Pro Rider

TURBO THREAD

nm this was the thread

Old 01-25-2005, 05:54 PM
Trailblazer

Should i build my engine up first and then get the turbo or turbo then build any ideas.

Old 01-25-2005, 06:05 PM
Pro Rider

Well if you are all stock right now, I would suggest replacing your rod if you want to get a turbo. Not sure on what aftermarket rods are the best or not, but anything is better than stock. I would suggest getting a good cam in there as well, with some new valve springs. If you want to run alot of boost get a 8:1 piston in as well. I wouldnt worry about getting a port or polish as I dont see it helping all that much with forced induction.

If you do nothing else I would say replace the rod. Alot of the higher HP machines end up breaking stock rods. Do a search on rods on the forum you will find plenty of information on that.

Also if you are planning on spending a couple thousand on a turbo system, may as well get a cam/piston in there when they cost no more than 350 together.

Old 01-25-2005, 06:07 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: XxDumontRaptorxX
Well if you are all stock right now, I would suggest replacing your rod if you want to get a turbo. Not sure on what aftermarket rods are the best or not, but anything is better than stock. I would suggest getting a good cam in there as well, with some new valve springs. If you want to run alot of boost get a 8:1 piston in as well. I wouldnt worry about getting a port or polish as I dont see it helping all that much with forced induction.

If you do nothing else I would say replace the rod. Alot of the higher HP machines end up breaking stock rods. Do a search on rods on the forum you will find plenty of information on that.

Also if you are planning on spending a couple thousand on a turbo system, may as well get a cam/piston in there when they cost no more than 350 together.
i 100% agree

i think the turbo is a more reliabe way to go!

Old 01-25-2005, 06:14 PM
Trailblazer

what i need to do any thing with my carbs like getting a bigger one and lets say I did a craycraft 686 with new rod and stuff would that be a good combo.

Old 01-25-2005, 06:32 PM
Pro Rider

I believe the turbo system comes with EFI (Electronic Fuel Injenction) which replaces the carbs all together. The craycraft 686 would be an awsome combo, if you didn't want to do the engine work yourself. If you do a craycraft build you need to tell them to go with a low compression piston (not sure what the 686 kit comes with, 11:1 compression maybe?) Try to get a 8:1 piston in there. Let them know it will be a turbo engine as well.

Old 01-25-2005, 08:04 PM
Trailblazer

Im kinda iffy about the site I found the turbo for the raptor on because i found another website that is very similar selling kinda the same turbo with the same pictures of the other site. check out these to website and let me know if you think they are legit or not.

KMS TURBO

KMS PERFORMANCE

Old 01-25-2005, 08:10 PM
Trailblazer

yeah I think I figured it out both websites have the same emails so I'm thinking they are both the same company

Quick Reply: KMS Turbo For Raptor