Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

blaster a good ATV for 13 y/o??

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2005, 11:41 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default blaster a good ATV for 13 y/o??

Get the blaster dude!!! ^ Listen to D3athShad0w,strongtyer,and NichelsonRacing87!! And the "No rider under 16" law is BS. It's just a label for safety, just go out and ride!

Old 01-26-2005, 01:22 AM
Trailblazer

im 15 and i used to ride a raptor but i sold it. not becuase it was too big or too fast but a utility is better for where i ride. all the talk about quads being too big for kids is BS. I went into a dealership and i was talking to one of the guys about buying a new quad. he asked me what kind of quad i have and i said a raptor. he looked at me and said what are you doing with a raptor. He tried telling me that it was too big and he cannot talk to me about it because I am under 16. I told him that i can probabfly ride better than he can and i havent been back there sence but the talk about quads being too big for kids under the age of 16 is redicioulous (wrong spelling). But my friend has a blaster and when i ride it i fell like its too small. if you are just starting then yea get the blaster. they are pretty good machinnes but if i wanna get something more for the long run then go with something a little bit bigger.

Old 01-26-2005, 09:17 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Muddkid12
im 15 and i used to ride a raptor but i sold it. not becuase it was too big or too fast but a utility is better for where i ride. all the talk about quads being too big for kids is BS. I went into a dealership and i was talking to one of the guys about buying a new quad. he asked me what kind of quad i have and i said a raptor. he looked at me and said what are you doing with a raptor. He tried telling me that it was too big and he cannot talk to me about it because I am under 16. I told him that i can probabfly ride better than he can and i havent been back there sence but the talk about quads being too big for kids under the age of 16 is redicioulous (wrong spelling). But my friend has a blaster and when i ride it i fell like its too small. if you are just starting then yea get the blaster. they are pretty good machinnes but if i wanna get something more for the long run then go with something a little bit bigger.
The Blaster is not too small and being smaller gives you maneuverability advantages. Hey man like I said I’m 19 over 6' tall and I don’t feel cramped on the thing and it’s a "Blast" to ride. If you would like to see an example of a real nice Blaster go look at the forum member "Shav0"s blaster - you will see there are a million mods you can do to make that a very nice bike that you will not grow out of. I OWN a Blaster as well - remember that. I have plenty of experience/riding time with them and im not just talking out of my ***...

Old 01-26-2005, 10:30 AM
Elite Pro Rider

im 14 and have a blaster. but then again im only like 5'2 or 3

Old 01-26-2005, 11:54 AM
Pro Rider

A couple of years ago I purchased a Blaster for my 12 yr old son. He's almost 15 now and still loves that thing. It's been fun for him, he can throw it around easy, and it's been bulletproof so far [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-26-2005, 12:35 PM
Trailblazer

i live in new jersey too. i live in west milford. i have acouple freinds that have them and there pretty fast. not as fast as a warrior but still fast. they have more acceleration than a warrior but a warrior pulls more in 5th 6th. my friends got them when they were 13. now there 16. But i wouldn't really worry about the 16 year old law. Unless your riding in illegal areas, don't worry about it. its a good quad, it has alot of snap and it will suit you well. there easy to throw around. but you might not want it for that long. my friends are tired of 2 strokes b.c they blew there blasters up once or twice already. If i were you, i would get a warrior, they are easyer to ride, and not that expensive anymore b.c they don't make them anymore.

Old 01-26-2005, 12:51 PM
Range Rover

You know it's great to tell someone "forget the Blaster, get this and that". I don't think there is a cheaper quad to get started on than a Blaster. I bought mine, 5 hours old, for $2200. Lets see, at that price, I could buy 2 or 3 for the price of a new Warrior or Raptor. You can always move up later

Old 01-26-2005, 05:33 PM
Trailblazer

does anyone know a good place to buy a new 2005 blaster??????

Old 01-26-2005, 06:48 PM
Pro Rider

A dealer O_o?

Yamaha's site has a dealer locator - Here.

Old 01-26-2005, 09:41 PM
Trailblazer

90 ccs or over is not a law man... im 13 i got my blaster its a law for them to recommend it to u b4 u buy it. dont lsiten to them

Quick Reply: blaster a good ATV for 13 y/o??