Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Heres the key to getting a Raptor NOW!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2000, 08:19 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

O.K. guys check this out.Last week I was sitting at my shop and decided to call my local dealer to see what the deal was on the Raptors and the salesman tells me"We just got one in and im waiting for someone to come down and put a deposit on it right now"So at that point I put the sign on the front window(Closed for lunch)and did 80 up to the dealer with a crisp 100 dollar bill nowing I would beat the other guy to the punch.Well when I walk through the door about ten minutes after speaking to the salesman I go to the showroom eager to see my new blue Raptor.Nope not there.Hmmmmm oh well so I look for the salesman and finally I find him and tell him im here to put down the deposit.He tells me damm your fast,so I say where is it may I see it?Sure he says its in the shop being put together.So he brings me back there and DAMMMMMM,there it is.Sitting on the crate with no wheels and they were just putting the the front shocks on it.I was truley amazed of the workmanship on this beast.I looked at the salesman and reached in my pocket and handed him the crisp 100 and told him"Ill pick it up at the end of the week"So he looks at me and says"Oh thats not yours,your wont be in until NOV or DEC"DAMM my woody just turned into a limpy and I told him what he said on the phone and he says"Oh you must have misunderstood me"Yea rightim thinking that he told me that to get me in to look at the thing and he new that id have to have one.So anyways I did so I gave him the deposit for 6499 plus 100 setup 100 freight and 6% sales tax and headed back to work not as happy as I was a half hour ago.Well when I returned I called my buddy up who was going to buy my 400ex and told him to come pick it up that I put down a deposit on a Raptor,I no if I didnt take his $5000 right away that if I road this thing by the time my Raptor came in it would be worth about $3000 with the way that I ride.Well with no quad at all and all my friends going riding I could not deal with the situation at all.I hopped on the Yamaha websight and printed out all of the dealers in the CT. area and with a pen in hand started my jorney through phone hell.Every dealer I called same story.We have 3 or 4 deposits but come down and you never no what will happen,maybe someone will cancel out.And if you try to tell them you have the cash and just write down my phone # and call me if something comes up,Nope we need a deposit.UGGGGGGGG,Well after calling like 15 dealers I was ready to give up and then the merical came along.The last dealer I called said he just got in 2 black and white ones.NO WAY!!!!!!And with no deposits on them at all.I reached for my credit card and put down 100 bucks and im picking it up on TUESDAY!!!!Its only a 1 and half hour drive!!!!!Ill be riding next weekend!!!!!!On a RAPTOR!!!!!Well as you can see im a pretty happy dude at this point.But I just wanted to pass it on.The Raptors are out there and all you have to do is look and spend some time on the phone.I really hope I didnt bore anyone with this long azzz post but Im so happy I just feel like telling the world.Thanks for listening guys and gals.

Old 09-17-2000, 08:24 PM
Trailblazer

What were they doin putting shocks on it. The only thing that needs to be assembled is the tire/wheels and the handelbars.

Old 09-17-2000, 08:28 PM
Pro Rider

Oh yea and I forgot to mention 1 more thing.The place im getting it from is only charging me 6499 plus the 6% sales tax.No setup or other fees.It must be a really small dealer or somthing.The place that I bought my DS650 from also never charged me any of these fees and they were also a small dealer.

Old 09-17-2000, 08:30 PM
Pro Rider

Chris,I think they just need to put in the bottem bolts on the front shocks.I think when they ship them in the crates they colapes the front end.But im not posative.

Old 09-17-2000, 09:49 PM
Pro Rider

Some dealers here in Ohio are charging up to $7500 out the door for Raptors. I just got back from a weekend camp/ride. The guy at the next campsite had a brand new Raptor, it was awesome. It was a lot larger than I had expected. The guy loved it. Now I need one.

Old 09-17-2000, 10:26 PM
Pro Rider

Maybe they were putting different a-arms on.

Old 09-17-2000, 10:36 PM
Pro Rider

Cory have you seen the back of the Raptors yet?No then I take it you havent ridden with one yet.But soon my friend you will,then you can go back home and try to re ajust your throttle cable for that extra honda horsepower

Old 09-17-2000, 10:51 PM
Trailblazer

Hey Quadfather or anyone else for that matter. J&J motors in Masillon, Ohio has raptors avaible. One was on the showroom floor with a 6499 tag on it. Salesman wanted to sign me up.

Old 09-17-2000, 10:54 PM
Range Rover

Cory, you are probably right about the a-arms!!!!!!!!

Old 09-17-2000, 11:13 PM
Pro Rider

QuickDS,Thats what my point of posting this message was.People are out there waiting till Nov,Dec for theirs to come in when some dealers have them sitting on the showroom floor.Im hoping this posting makes a lot more happy Raptor owners like myself.And for the 400ex guys who came into this post to make war. GO BACK TO THE RED FORUM AND READ ABOUT YOUR NEW 250EX !!!!!!

Quick Reply: Heres the key to getting a Raptor NOW!!!!!