Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

All Blaster owners look here please!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2000, 10:17 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi i am 6'0 190 lbs. i was wondering if i bought a blaster, would it push me around ok? Of course i would put FmF Fatty Pipe and silencer, and Boyseen reeds etc. , you know i would "fix it up" So please reply to this , i really need to know. Thank You.

Old 09-18-2000, 10:54 AM
Pro Rider

To answer your question...yes. A blaster will pull you just fine..
I have a buddy that is around your size...This is what we have seen...so don't take this wrong.
If this is your first quad(like him), your going to love it while learning.
You will feel cramped on it(legs will almost hit the handlebars). If you ride hard..remember...no liquid cooling. It will run hot. Being your weight, The shocks will bottom if you jump alot.
He wants to get something more on the line of a 400ex or warrior. Blasters will beat you up pretty bad, but they are very good trail riding bikes.
I own a blaster myself...I really like it. It does not get the run time that the Banshee does...But thats just because I love my banshee.
If your getting a good price...Do it!!
Or look into the other options that are a bit more comfy.
Good luck

Old 09-18-2000, 10:58 AM
Trailblazer

It will scoot you just fine! I am 6' and 155 lbs. Trust me the Blaster won't care about 35 lbs. especially if you pipe it, air-filter, and reeds. Both my Blaster '88 and my friends '99 have the same mods and they both want to stand right up in 3rd gear and will stand up in 4th with a little tug. If you go down to a 20" tire in the rear that will help you out a lot. You'll love it! Biggest Bang for the Buck!

Any more questions, let me know!

Old 09-18-2000, 11:09 AM
Trailblazer

Turfblaster:
Are you running your blaster without the airbox cover?

Old 09-18-2000, 11:20 AM
Trailblazer

I don't own a Blaster yet, would a 300EX make me more comfortable?

Old 09-18-2000, 11:22 AM
Trailblazer

No! You don't want to do that unless you have a good setup under the lid. I have a K&N filter, water repellant outer wears skin for the filter and a about 6 -- 3/4" holes drilled in the lid. It works well in all conditions. If you are going to ride in mostly dusty conditions, I would recommend a Uni-filter with the filter spray oil, you just can't beat it. If you ride in a lot of puddles or mud then the set-up I have works well. You may even want to stretch a couple of nylons over the lid,..anything to deperse the water so it's not a big blast of straight water. Remember to drain the air-box frequently if you do ride in water a lot. The air-box is designed to shed the water to the bottom right away but it won't hold very much when you are bouncing around.

Old 09-18-2000, 11:26 AM
Trailblazer

The Blaster is a pretty small quad. My 8 year-old son rides one and he fit's it pretty well. I'm 6'1", and when I get on it my knees hit the bars in tight turns. If you're shopping price, you can beat it for fun-for-the-buck.

Old 09-20-2000, 11:52 AM
Range Rover

I'm 6'4" 200 lbs. I dont have any problems ridding my blaster around. The only time I hit my knees on the fenders is when im at high speed and hit mud puddles that slow you down really fast. Then occasionally I will bump them. My shocks wore out and needed replaced. The rear shock doesnt handle the weight as good. I had PEP revalve it and now it works excellent. You cant bottom it.

Old 09-20-2000, 01:51 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have a Blaster and a Raptor. The Blaster is a cool little quad and if you modify it right it will do all kinds of tricks. I'm 6'3" 230lbs. and I kind of got tired of the small body. If this is your first quad then it will be great but, If you're more experienced then you'll regret getting it. What kind of riding do you plan to do with it?

Old 09-20-2000, 01:54 PM
Weekend Warrior

Don't get a 300ex!!! At least not a brand new one. My little brother got one and we have had some strange problems with it. Get a Blaster or a Mojove.

Quick Reply: All Blaster owners look here please!!