Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

A Slip on for Warrior..

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2005, 09:23 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A Slip on for Warrior..

How much is a good slip on muffeler and will it increase my performance?

-edit- is it easy to install?

Old 02-03-2005, 09:30 PM
Pro Rider

Im pretty sure you could get an HMF for something around $215 shipped, and yes it will give you a little more bottom end

Old 02-04-2005, 01:01 AM
Pro Rider

the slip on is easy to install. If you are going to do it make sure you also improve your filter. Uni filter will run you about thirty bucks. You can get a pro flo air box for about a hundred. Or do what I did and tap two screws into the uni and then two into air box support and use two springs to creat a hell of a seal for the filter. total cost 5dollars. If you do this you will want to rejet the carb(sounds hard but even I did it) to a 150-152. I bought my fmf system for 275(200 for the mega max and 75 for the powerbomb headpipe) and I love it, woke my warrior up quite a bit.

Old 02-04-2005, 04:18 AM
Pro Rider

yea HMF is a great pipe i love mine but follow--- azdunerat advise on the filter and jets because if you dont the pipe wont give its full potential with out these cheap mods and if you get jets i would recommend dyno jets they gave my raptor 350 a great gain when combined with the hmf slip on and k&n air filter you can buy the air filter and dyno jet kit as a set for about $125 so your looking at around 340 for everything you need and i say go for it you will be happy with the power gain and the great sound of hmf. p.s check out sweet quads.com they have everything you need.

Old 02-04-2005, 07:55 AM
Pro Rider

im getting the pro flow kit with the K & N filter and the prefilter.. so i should get an HMF pipe also? I don't know hwo to rejet.. so i prolly won't do it.

Old 02-04-2005, 09:03 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

Originally posted by: FdaDOT200
Im pretty sure you could get an HMF for something around $215 shipped, and yes it will give you a little more bottom end
i ordered my HMF slipon from sweetquads... got the slipon,quiet core instert,and a blue canister for $219 SHIPPED!!!

Old 02-04-2005, 10:56 AM
Pro Rider

if you arent going to rejet the bike then forget everything your are thinking of doing. Adding all that extra air without the extra fuel will lean out the mixture too much and you WILL SIEZE THE PISTON!. Cost of my rejeting was 3.50. All you really need is a new main jet. If you are afraid to do it I can take pictures and show you how. It will take about 45 minutes from prep to completion. It is really that easy. Dont worry about the jet kit as I have found them to be a waist of money. but get the main jet. Mukini round head 150-152 depending on elevation.

If you dont have it already also buy the Clymer repair manual for your bike. It is worth its wieght in gold, cost used is about 10-15 bucks. If you arent comfortable doing something like jetting then maybe you should not worry about modding the bike yet, just enjoy the stock ride

Aaron

Old 02-04-2005, 11:23 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

hey azduner. im gonna b running an HMF Slipon and UNI with lid.. what should i run for a main?

Old 02-04-2005, 11:42 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: AZDUNERAT
if you arent going to rejet the bike then forget everything your are thinking of doing. Adding all that extra air without the extra fuel will lean out the mixture too much and you WILL SIEZE THE PISTON!. Cost of my rejeting was 3.50. All you really need is a new main jet. If you are afraid to do it I can take pictures and show you how. It will take about 45 minutes from prep to completion. It is really that easy. Dont worry about the jet kit as I have found them to be a waist of money. but get the main jet. Mukini round head 150-152 depending on elevation.

If you dont have it already also buy the Clymer repair manual for your bike. It is worth its wieght in gold, cost used is about 10-15 bucks. If you arent comfortable doing something like jetting then maybe you should not worry about modding the bike yet, just enjoy the stock ride

Aaron
Excelent advice!!!

You guys who are new to this have to think of the engine as nothing more than an air pump that relies on fuel to make it work. More air requires more fuel, and less needs less etc.

If you look at it this way its easy to understand, and will make things less confusing too.

As far as a silencer is concerned I prefer a disc type over the totally open tin can style, and especially for this type of engine (one that makes most of its power in the low to mid range) because you can actually adjust the total amount of exhaust flow or size by adding or removing discs. Plus there most always a lot quieter than the more open styles.

Being able to regulate backpressure and flow are important because you can "dial in" your power for what suits you best, and even change it when riding different terrain etc (you can remove some discs for increased bottom end torque for when riding rough terrain or climbing hills etc, and still remove them for that added top end for running long open fire roads).

As a bonus many are less expensive than what your looking at (check out some prices on the idsII, supertrapp, WB E series etc). There is nothing wrong with the HMF and they are a well made product, but these and the others like it are not always the best decision for the majority of riders.

And be sure to rejet !!!!

Old 02-04-2005, 03:59 PM
Pro Rider

Speedy it is hard to say. Jetting is more of an art than a science as so many factors will influence the outcome. I wish this board had the ability to stcky a thread about jetting as I have seen many threads about it in the week I have been on here. I would start with

WWW.FMFRACING.COM

under their tech support section they have an interactive jetting guide tbat is not perfect but gives you one hell of a start. 150-152 is a good place to start. Dont worry about the pilot or the needle, those are not nearly as important as the main. Like I said also dont get the full kit as they are a rip off. You only need to buy two maybe three jets max and you should be good for every situation that comes up.

Aaron

Quick Reply: A Slip on for Warrior..