Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Whats my Raptor worth

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2005, 12:04 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats my Raptor worth

Going to sell my Raptor and i was hoping you guys would give me an idea of what to ask for it. Pics in my profile and list of mods below.

Thanks guys.

Old 02-07-2005, 02:34 PM
Pro Rider

$4500...but really its only worth what someone will pay for it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-07-2005, 03:17 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would say if it looks real clean with not many scratches ask 4500. But in all reality with there being so many used quads now a days, you might be looking closer to 4000.

Why are you selling, new quad or dirtbike in your plans. I remember you talking about a new CR250 not to long ago. BTW, I raced my 00' CR250 for the first time last Saturday in the beginner class and took the win. Got pics of the race in my bio.

Old 02-07-2005, 04:14 PM
Pro Rider

I'm going to replace it with a utility atv. *maybe*

I'm moving over into bikes for sport riding and racing.

I finished my freestyle motocross ramp. *i'll have pics of it up soon* and when i go to gravel pits i always take the bikes. There much faster and better for jumping. So my plans are to get another utility for ditch riding mudding and what not and also mod out my older CR with some goodies so it can keep up a little better with my 00. I'm going to hold off on buying a new CR untill the next gen 2-stroke i've heard about comes out.

Cool pics of your first race. I can't wait to get out on a track.

Also my reasoning behind this is I don't know anyone else with a sport so when i ride it it's mostly alone. So i wanna pic up another 4X4 so i can take friends and family out riding with me..

Old 02-07-2005, 04:20 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!

That's cool, what kind of 4X4 are you looking at? And definately give me a holler when you get some pics up of the new ramp.

Old 02-07-2005, 04:35 PM
Pro Rider

Next weekend I"m going to finish painting it and i'll get some pictures up.

It's 48 inches wide 13 feet long and 7 foot tall. all metal. my guess is it weights around 500lb

Here is a pic of the one i built mine off of. I purchased plans off of this page.

ramp

I'm going to get a Sportsman 500HO or a 600 Twin.
Yes a Polaris. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-07-2005, 05:35 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!

A Polaris??? J/K[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Man that's a wicked jump. Will you be jumping that into something uphill or are you going to have a landing?

Old 02-08-2005, 10:25 AM
Pro Rider

I'm going to build a dirt landing for it.
Still working out the finer points on that.

Hey was your MX race your first time ever on a track? or have you been riding on tracks for years just not racing?
Reason i ask is i want to start racing but I've been told to start in the 125 class. I haven't really rode any real MX tracks.

Old 02-08-2005, 03:10 PM
Pro Rider

One more question. If I was going to trade it in which I won't do unless it's hard to sell.
What would the trade in value be.
I know dealers will rip you off if they can so i was going to try to collect as much info as i can to dicker with.

Old 02-08-2005, 04:44 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!

That was my first time on a "real" track except for one practice day a week before hand. I have rode on a "backyard track" last summer that wasn't to bad. It was the hardest thing I have ever done man, I was so tired, and your nerves being up doesn't help one bit. I could only go real fast for a few laps and then I would fade, but luckily being in the beginner class everyone else faded a little to.

As for 125's, from what I have seen that class is more competitive. Plus 125's are usually more teenagers than anything. In the 250's a lot of em are my age in their lower 20's and up a bit. Im just going to stick with the 250's.

And I wouldn't even think about a trade in, you would be extremely lucky to even get close to $3000 out of the stealership. There is 2 dealerships around here that won't even except trade-ins.

Quick Reply: Whats my Raptor worth