Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Funniest thing just Happened.

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2005, 06:58 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Funniest thing just Happened.

lol. the funniest thing just happened about 10 minutes ago. Ok, here it goes.

i was riding on a long straight road that was about 600 feet long, doin 6th gear. I kept doing it, and i saw cars going by on teh main road parallel to the road i was on. Now, some cars slowed and watched me, some just went on without looking. Well, on one of the times I was going down the road, I heard "Whoop, wherp" and saw red and blue lights hitting the snow. I then looked around, and saw a cop behind me. So i said "ahh sh*t." cuz this was my first time ever getting pulled over by a police on my quad. So I stopped, and he stopped behind me. I then waited for him to walk over to me, and he did. The conversations went as follows (most of it is exact):

hello
h-h-i
I just got a call from a driver that you were riding on this road and going pretty fast as well.
I-I-I know, I just got this a few days ago, and there is snow on the ground, so I could not go in the woods. So, I thought I could go with traffic and just ride.
Well, you aren't. This road is not seposed to be riden on with machines like yours. Anything on the road must be registered.
Ok
You know I can tow this right?
Umm.. yes.
Well, where do you live?
The first house down the street on the left, on Shun Pike.
You mean the A-Frame?
Yeah, we just moved in a couple months ago and have been waiting since then to get these.
Where did you move from?
Warwick.
I see.. what is your name?
Eric V*****
Ok, well Eric, like I said, your not seposed to be riding here.
I know that now, I'm sorry. i can put it into nuetral and just roll it home if you would like.
No, you don't have to do that. Just ride it home.
Ok, I'll ride with traffic.
Ok, that will work.
Ok, thanks alot, and sorry.
No problem, just dont ride on the street. you have a lot of land don't you?
Yeah, I have 5 acres.
Ok, go ride on that.
I will when the snow is gone.
Ok, you have a good night.
Thanks, Bye.
(before he got into his car)
Hey, do you have a radar gun? You know, that tells how fast something is going?
Yeah, I do, in the passanger seat. Why?
Well, I just got this and would like to know how fast it is. I was just wondering if maybe before you leave that I could max this out and see how fast it goes. Not many people, if any, drive on this street.
I know that. Well, ok. Just this once though because I am here.
O cool. Thanks. Ill go to the begining of the street. and start when I get there.
Ok, go on.
<races and he records>
Wow, that thing is pretty fast. You just hit 64 mph. No wonder people called on you.
O wow, I did not know it was that fast.
Well, it is. What size is it?
350 Yamaha.
Thats pretty big. Nice shape to.
yeah, thanks.
Well, i am going to get going. Remember why this happened. This better not happen again, or it will probably get towed.
I know.
Have a good night.
Yeah you too.

He was the coolest. I did not get towed, and better yet, I found out that my stock warrior goes 64! Wow, the worst situation just became really good. bad thing is, no more riding on teh street. Have to use trails now.

Just felt like i should share this. lol.

Old 02-08-2005, 07:04 PM
Pro Rider

haha thats awsome. when i stoped for a cop he made me push the F*ckin thing home. your rele lucky you got such a cool cop, this cop was a DI*CK.

Old 02-08-2005, 07:07 PM
Pro Rider

64mph eh? no wonder so many people complain about NOT speeding when they get fined..

Old 02-08-2005, 07:42 PM
Pro Rider

thats how my expereances with the cops have gone.... just without the radar gun part tho. i have myown nj state police radar gun [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-08-2005, 10:10 PM
Pro Rider

-bump-

Old 02-08-2005, 10:23 PM
Pro Rider

thats great i wish cops around here were like that if i get stopped again ill try to remember to ask about the radar gun see if they will do it to me

Old 02-08-2005, 10:43 PM
Pro Rider

well, i live in a country-like area. so i guess they are nice around here.. like i said before.. i just moved here like 4 months ago.

Old 02-08-2005, 11:12 PM
Pro Rider

man i never stop for the cops, that's how you get busted, i also love it when they are chasing you with the lights and siren on, it's funny as hell, and then i just fly off onto a trail and he don't even try to catch me then.

Old 02-08-2005, 11:27 PM
Range Rover

haha, i got stopped by the coppers tonight too...ridin down M-35...in 5th gear...go to turn into a road, see that theres a train there so i turn out to the road to keep going on 35, well there was a car coming, and one of my friends (on there quad) waved, turns out it was a cop! He whips it around, then he rolled down his window and started talking to us[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] so we were talkn to him, and he said he couldn't do anything if he wanted because we were just sitting there with the enigines off and not riding. So he leaves, and i was like oh crap, he probably called the DNR on us, so we just booked it back to my friends house. I love it when they chase you too, like you said, when you fly into a trail and they just turn off there lights and back up...or when the DNR is trying to catch me on a 4x4, gooood times

Old 02-09-2005, 12:20 AM
Pro Rider

ROGLMAO Warrior02man. Thats great! And then to get him to radar your quad, haha... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
I am glad it turned out so well for you.
BryceGTX

Quick Reply: Funniest thing just Happened.