Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Blaster?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2005, 01:07 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blaster?

Originally posted by: FdaDOT200
toomeys are not the greatest if you are going to do future mods such as porting or big bore kits. Go with FMF, its supposto be the best all around pipe for the blaster, i love mine.
Very true, but id take a toomey over an FMF..

Get a graydon,LRD, or dynoport..

Old 02-10-2005, 09:26 AM
Pro Rider
Default Blaster?

Originally posted by: NichelsonRacing87
Originally posted by: BigBaller
Blasters are cheap quads, But truefully, its small you are going to out grow it soon... Maybe you should look at a Honda 300ex or a Raptor 350.
a blaster beats a 300ex and runs close with the Warrior/Raptor 350. if your going to look at a bigger quad look into a 400ex, Z400/KFX400, DVX400, i wouldn't go any bigger than this for just starting, actually for you only being 120 lbs i doubt considering these last 3, because these are quads for intermediate riders. if you want speed go with the Blaster, reliability and smooth power transistion go with the 300ex, and if you want both speed and smooth power go with the Raptor 350, but the powerband of a blaster is a little wicked as with most 2 strokes, power is not a smooth transistion, but when you hit that certain level of RPM's on a 2 stroke it almost feels like pushing a Nitrous Button. the choice is yours, but i hoped to have narrowed it down a little for you, also not saying anything bad about the Phoenix cause i don't know to much about it, but you are better off getting a quad from a known manufacturer such as Yamaha, Honda, Kawi, or Suzuki, because with these little companies that makes these machines such as the Phoenix, it will be harder to get parts for it.
it does run close to a Warrior.. but a Warrior/Raptor beats it in top end. If your doing trails, take the Warrior. They are known to be great trail bikes.. and they last forever. I got my 02 Warrior near mint for 2800, and thats less than a new Blaster.

Old 02-11-2005, 05:22 PM
Range Rover
Default Blaster?

Thanks! Keep posting it makes me feel closer to getting it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-11-2005, 05:35 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Blaster?

Definatly get the Blaster there awsome and there better thatn anything in the class including the 300EX! Check my signiture mod list!

Old 02-11-2005, 05:47 PM
Pro Rider
Default Blaster?

originally posted by:NichelsonRacing87
a blaster beats a 300ex and runs close with the Warrior/Raptor 350. if your going to look at a bigger quad look into a 400ex, Z400/KFX400, DVX400, i wouldn't go any bigger than this for just starting, actually for you only being 120 lbs i doubt considering these last 3, because these are quads for intermediate riders. if you want speed go with the Blaster, reliability and smooth power transistion go with the 300ex, and if you want both speed and smooth power go with the Raptor 350, but the powerband of a blaster is a little wicked as with most 2 strokes, power is not a smooth transistion, but when you hit that certain level of RPM's on a 2 stroke it almost feels like pushing a Nitrous Button. the choice is yours, but i hoped to have narrowed it down a little for you, also not saying anything bad about the Phoenix cause i don't know to much about it, but you are better off getting a quad from a known manufacturer such as Yamaha, Honda, Kawi, or Suzuki, because with these little companies that makes these machines such as the Phoenix, it will be harder to get parts for it.
the pheonix is made by polaris and i dont think there a small company

Old 02-11-2005, 06:56 PM
Pro Rider
Default Blaster?

polaris is horrible..

Old 02-11-2005, 07:21 PM
Range Rover
Default Blaster?

Well this royaly sucks...Since my dad is buying the blaster he has researched it he said i could get it till he saw....That it's the leading atv in DEATHS err now Im going with TRX250EX is that very good?

Old 02-11-2005, 07:28 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Blaster?

Its slower, you cant really upgrade it, its expensive, semi auto, un sportty but its still a decent quad, try to get the blaster!!

Old 02-11-2005, 07:34 PM
Range Rover
Default Blaster?

Ya, I would try but he is sticking solid anyways I mean im getting a free quad if I get all B's on my grade card...

Old 02-11-2005, 08:05 PM
Pro Rider
Default Blaster?

i bet the reason there are so many deaths on the blaster is because of how well they sell and how long they have been around! come on! its been around since like 1988 (or 89?). that has to count for something. most atv deaths are user related. most youth are likely to ride a blaster and most youth are likely to do stupid things like not wear a helmet, go off jumps that are too big, etc. etc.... its not that the blaster is dangerous. i think youll get bored with the 250 but hey, its an atv. good luck. try a little presuasion.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] maybe even a little research on how these deaths occurred...

Quick Reply: Blaster?