Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

NEED HELP!!! WITH BLASTER

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2005, 09:04 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEED HELP!!! WITH BLASTER

Weel i have an 03 blaster ive rode the crap out of it since ive got it in last January and i put an FMF fatty and power core 2 on it and it has run great for about 8 months since i put them on and now it runs like crap.
I was riding it hard for about 45min on a little flat track i have and i shut it off then about 10mins later i started it and i had no throttle it wont rev it bogs down and when i do give it gas after it bogs it goes into a weird sound for about 30 secs then returns to normal but to keep it running with the choke off i have to hold the gas.(barely) The top end makes more noise then it used.
I have cleaned my carb and jets so i dont know what else to do plz help.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 02-09-2005, 09:19 PM
Pro Rider

Thats weird. Do you let it warm up before you ride? ( when it ran fine) That is the reason why mine cracked the piston in it. It might have sumtin wrong wtih the piston or sumtin. Are your reeds dirty? you should check and get new ones. Thats all i can think of.

Old 02-09-2005, 09:20 PM
Pro Rider

idk what could cause that. maby egine internals. a compression test wouldnt hurt. what kind of noise does it make?

Old 02-09-2005, 09:25 PM
Pro Rider

hey i just noticed that the post times arent 10 min fast anymore. does it smoke more or less than usual? does it run better with the chock on? is the air filter cloged? try messin withe the air/fule screw. reeds might be the problem like fastblasterboy said. did u jet it cause maby its been runnin to lean and ur burned the piston. is it getting enough fule? maby the fule line got cloged.... is the gas all the way on? try goin from on to resure. might make a difference. is teh gas in the tank low cause maby ur getting the bottom of the tank. if i can think of anything els ill post.

Old 02-09-2005, 09:33 PM
Pro Rider

I would say its either the reeds are screwed up or the piston is burn up. Take the top end off and check things outs. Pistons are really cheap for blasters. When i cracked the piston skirt on my blaster i was goin down a gravel road tryin to catch up with my friend and it broke. It shot out a whole bunch of white smoke. once i stopped i got it to start back up then it really screwed things up. If it smokes white then you are in trouble.

Old 02-09-2005, 10:15 PM
Trailblazer

it smokes a lot more then usually and i forgot to mention that i also have the block off kit on.
It runs better with the choke on and air filters not clogged and i havent cheacked the reeds.
the float bowl has gas in it.

IT Smokes WHITE When I START it THEN after ABOUT a MIN it GOES away TO normalText

Old 02-09-2005, 10:27 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah i think you are screwed. I wouldnt ride it until you get it fixed.

Old 02-09-2005, 10:28 PM
Pro Rider

You said you have the block off kit? Maybe your not mixing the gas and oil right? Did you put too much oil? If it smokes more then i would think that would be too much oil i dont know, correct me if im wrong.

Old 02-10-2005, 08:55 AM
Pro Rider

Check the crank seal under the primary drive gear that runs off the clutch. I experienced this last yaer with the same problem you have. It bogled my mind because it worked fine, but then when I shut it off and went to turn it back on it wouldn't work. Check the seal, you could be sucking in oil from the tranny, which would be why its smoking so bad.

Just a thought.

Old 02-10-2005, 10:39 AM
Trailblazer

i took my exhaust off to clean it since had nuthin else to do yesterday and there was oil dripping out of it when i turned it upside down is that normal? i dont think it is. i have been mixing 32:1 is that right? is it hard to do a top end rebuild? Where can i find a good quality rebuild kit for a resonable price? I was looking at hollywood dirt producttions 240 kit with all the porting but my dad said that if i fix this one and in a couple of months sell it for a 250r but i dont know i like my blaster but i dont think i can make it to have the kind of power of the 250r.

Quick Reply: NEED HELP!!! WITH BLASTER