Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Banshee Overrated??

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2005, 11:23 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Banshee Overrated??

Some people brag them up 2 where their overrated. The other day someone was saying that the beat a honda 250r by 6 bike lengths with a piped banshee. The only way i can see this happening is the dude on the honda either is a crappy rider or fell off on the start. But they are a mean quad when modded up.

Old 02-12-2005, 11:27 PM
Pro Rider

i wouldnt say its overrated id like to hear more about them now its all about 4 strokes atleast mine will still beat the 4 strokes around here heheheh

Old 02-13-2005, 02:08 AM
Pro Rider

Overrated my ***!!!! I want to see another bike that has been in production for 18 years that has kicked as much *** as a banshee. You think the YFZ 450 will be in production for 18years? I severally doubt it. The banshee like all two strokes is not a trail bike. If you arent over 7000 RPM's the power band is worthless, however throw that bad boy on a track or out in the dunes where it belongs and it will whoop some serious ***. Modding it is easy throw on the Toomey T5 pipes and let her rip. Too many people are all hyped up about the new 450 bikes, which as great as they are, if it wasnt for the Banshee sticking to the sport quad market when everyone else had given up on it we would not have the great bikes that are in production today

Aaron

Old 02-13-2005, 09:52 AM
Trailblazer

Hear, Hear!! AZDUNERAT is right on. I wouldn't give total credit to the Banshee alone, though. The Yamaha corp. deserves most of the credit for keeping the Banshee in production. It's very true about the sport quad market also, LT 250R ...gone,LT 500R...gone,TRX 250R....gone, Kawasaki Tecate-4....gone, Polaris Sport/Scrambler/Trailblazer 400....gone. If it weren't for Yamaha & the Banshee, the sport quad MIGHT not have survived. Yea, the 300ex,Blaster,Mojave stayed on the scene, but come on, they aren't high performance, a little sporty...kinda, performance...hell no.

Old 02-13-2005, 10:45 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: AZDUNERAT
Overrated my ***!!!! I want to see another bike that has been in production for 18 years that has kicked as much *** as a banshee. You think the YFZ 450 will be in production for 18years? I severally doubt it. The banshee like all two strokes is not a trail bike. If you arent over 7000 RPM's the power band is worthless, however throw that bad boy on a track or out in the dunes where it belongs and it will whoop some serious ***. Modding it is easy throw on the Toomey T5 pipes and let her rip. Too many people are all hyped up about the new 450 bikes, which as great as they are, if it wasnt for the Banshee sticking to the sport quad market when everyone else had given up on it we would not have the great bikes that are in production today

Aaron
exactly Banshee's are wicked machines and they are still selling like crazy to people who want them like me, i agree the 450's probably won't be around for 18 years, i love Banshees and I am seriously considering getting one soon, i'm sorry to all of you people that love 4 strokes but i hate them, SORRY, it's just me, 4 strokes don't have the power or speed i want, not even the 450's satify me, i'm looking forward for the Banshee to be around for years to come, the damn EPA don't have their minds made up, 2 strokes will still be around for more years to come, i asked my friend that owns a parts shop and it's a dealer for many aftermarket companies out as well as the factory dealers and he said that they will still be around for some years to come.

Old 02-13-2005, 10:58 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

i think that the banshee will stay around for a while , not in production but they wont dy out , i mean i will rebuild mine untill i cant anymore

Old 02-13-2005, 11:21 PM
Pro Rider

Predators are overrated. Wouldn't you say bluebansh?

Old 02-13-2005, 11:28 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: drgnerth
Predators are overrated. Wouldn't you say bluebansh?
hey i'll agree on that one...lol

Old 02-14-2005, 12:12 AM
Trailblazer

Hey drgnerth, I have to agree with u 100% on that one [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]!!!

Old 02-14-2005, 12:37 AM
Trailblazer

I think there underrated. Seams like every 450 out the wants to drag my semi stocker. Now that i gots some new rear tires I'll drag em up n down till they agree that it wasnt luck.
When my Alky is running they never pull up next to me. Its in a box at the moment.
1st time I rode one was at Glamis 1987. I had my Moded 86 lt250 and was amazed at how fast those things were. This guy who I was racing asked me if I wanted to try his new Banshee out. I said YEA! Got home, Check with the bank (Ma & Pa) had one before sundown...Took me forever to pay it back to them.

Quick Reply: Banshee Overrated??