Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

blaster a-arms and swingarm?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2005, 07:36 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default blaster a-arms and swingarm?

i'm looking at getting 3+1 a-arms and an extended swingarm. but not sure what length to get. plus i can only find a plus 2in. brake cable for the stock brakes and i don't have money to upgrade the brake system. so i guess what i'm asking is what other parts will i need to get to get these items. thanks with any info.

Old 02-15-2005, 07:58 PM
Pro Rider

A +2 brake line will do alright up to a +4 axle. You can get away with using the stock brake line if your not going over a +2" swinger. With the swinger your also going to need a new bearing set for the pivot points. Usually the old ones are seized in too tight or in to bad of shape to try and use them again. If your getting a new swinger, you might as well put new bushings/bearings in it also. I have a +4 on mine and it sounds like a lot but really isn't. Because they are so short to begin with a +2 really dosn't even make it noticable.

There are lots of rumors that you need a new rear shock for a extended swingarm, but really it's not a must, it's more of a bonus. It defently helps but you can use the stock one with no problems at all.

As for the arms, +3+1 are a good choice. Just watch out when purchasing them that they aren't LT. Alot of companies will advertise them as +3+1 but they are really Longtravel a-arms, which will require you to use longer shocks also.

Old 02-15-2005, 10:04 PM
Weekend Warrior

hey thanks shavO this helps alot i was kinda in the dark with all of that stuff, but now i got it. umm do u know if with 3+1 a-arms, can u use stock brake lines or no? o also i have noticed that u use wheel spacers in the front and i have also heard that u race mx. how do those do jumping in all? or should i just skip and get the a-arms? i have seen some 2.5 wheel spacers that are garented not to brake or bend and come with 1 year warenty. just didn't now how they would hold up?

Old 02-15-2005, 10:06 PM
Pro Rider

Yes you can. Sometimes you have to change how the lines are routed through the frame but on some its alright, it all depends on how you have the lines routed.

Old 02-15-2005, 10:08 PM
Weekend Warrior

ok sounds good