Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Need Help ASAP Warrior Wiring

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2005, 12:27 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help ASAP Warrior Wiring

hello, Im selling my 1991 yamaha warrior 350 and I need some help... It has a wiring problem, when I try to start the quad it just clicks (from starting selenoid) and then sometimes some smoke comes out... Ive replaced the battery and starting selenoid so both of those are fine but the smoke is coming from the wire that splits off the ground from the battery I recently replaced these cables so im wonder what this wire is actually supposed to connect too.. I tryed getting a workshop manual for it but my local store does not have any in stock... I need to know what is wrong, it seems like the quad is not getting enough juice to fire it right up...

Please help me ASAP!

Thanks alot!

Old 02-20-2005, 12:42 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: Wickedclownz
hello, Im selling my 1991 yamaha warrior 350 and I need some help... It has a wiring problem, when I try to start the quad it just clicks (from starting selenoid) and then sometimes some smoke comes out... Ive replaced the battery and starting selenoid so both of those are fine but the smoke is coming from the wire that splits off the ground from the battery I recently replaced these cables so im wonder what this wire is actually supposed to connect too.. I tryed getting a workshop manual for it but my local store does not have any in stock... I need to know what is wrong, it seems like the quad is not getting enough juice to fire it right up...

Please help me ASAP!

Thanks alot!
it sounds like you have something grounded that should not be thats the smoke. if there was no smoke then the cliking would be bad conection at the battery. try scrapeing the termanals clean them.mine had a problum and i tryed every thing and it was the termenals were not clean.but if its smokeing then its grounded some were.

Old 02-20-2005, 12:52 AM
Trailblazer

the problem was when I took off this ground wire i was not getting any power at all. No neutral light... The battery termanals are tight as well as the connections on the selenoid... But that one wire coming off the ground melted right through...

Old 02-20-2005, 12:56 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: Wickedclownz
the problem was when I took off this ground wire i was not getting any power at all. No neutral light... The battery termanals are tight as well as the connections on the selenoid... But that one wire coming off the ground melted right through...
that meens you have somthing grounded if it melted a wire ther is a hot wire grounded did you conect the rong wires at the selenoid. or have the battery in rong ? something is not conected right.

Old 02-20-2005, 12:57 AM
Elite Pro Rider

That black wire, that splits off from the battery ground, goes to the ground side circuit of the starter. Is it possible its on the hot side? Or is the hot wire on the ground side of starter?

Old 02-20-2005, 01:00 AM
Trailblazer

would you happen to have a diagram to show me what your talking about, I had that wire so it crossed to the left side of the quad and then the male end from the ground I connected into the female wire under the back plastics...

Old 02-20-2005, 03:06 AM
Trailblazer

bump for answer thanks

Old 02-20-2005, 02:06 PM
Elite Pro Rider

PM me your email address and ill send a .jpg of it.